It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
Inactive

crippledyouth HB User
Question Red outbreak on skin .... ?

Ok, around my mouth there r two outbreaks of red ... something! (they kinda look like pimples, but they arent) on one side, it liek a little gash-sort-thing, and on the other itsl ike 4 "pimple like" ones but they arent pimples. Its feels dry, and it itches. Im def. sure that it isnt acne ....
I thought it might be an allergic reaction .. but i dont think so.
My freind said it might be just a "cold breakout" .. or sumthin .. like whne it gets cold and stuf .. but i highly doubt it.
I ahve been fearing, that it might be .... herpes ... but it eally doesnt look liek it, since its not on my lips, and stuff ... i kno herpes can break out anywhere, but ... =(
Yea, so im really worried, does anyone have any idea on wut it might be??????
Thank you =)

Old 12-04-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Red outbreak on skin .... ?

Well, it's probably a herpes simplex breakout....commonly called a coldsore.

Please don't touch it, for you can spread it to other areas.

There are some products on the market such as Abreva and Lipactin. Go get them, and start applying it (with a q-tip, not your fingers).

Drink from a straw, don't kiss, don't share utensils and glasses, don't use lipsticks around that area, and use a towel that's only yours.

It'll take a week or so for it to crust over and heal, but the virus can still be active in it even if it's healing.

They come out during times of stress, low immunity, sun, tanning booths, cold weather, viruses, colds, flu....etc.

Treat it as a coldsore. If you have one now, another one can easily pop up. I have a friend who had a cold, then ended up with 4 outbreaks of herpes (coldsores) afterward.

A doctor can also prescribe Zovirax, but if you have the Abreva or Lipactin handy for when you have the next outbreak, applying it at the first sign or tingle will lessen the duration.

I freaked out as well with my first one. I never got it till a bad flu at age 47. My husband has them, and I was paranoid about getting them too. Even after 22 years of marriage....that was the first one. Definitely weird, but you know I was relieved and now definitely prepared. I've only had 2 other outbreaks since then. So, that's good.

Keep well,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2004, 03:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

whiteluluflower HB User

thats sounds like what i had.. it was a couple years ago .. was at swimming lessons.. i kept picking at it (stupid, i know.. lol) , i eventually picked it off:| lol.. so now I get cold sores, every couple months or so.. since then.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:43 PM   #4
Inactive

crippledyouth HB User

Thnx you both, ..
nut its not on my lips, and ppl tell me its NOT a cold sore!! It doesnt even look like one .... its close ot my mouth but no where on it.
???????

Old 12-07-2004, 02:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

you can get outbreaks ANYWHERE in that area....even around the nose, down the chin...etc. it can even happen along the gums.

has it gone away yet?

does it hurt at all or tingle? Explain what it does look like.

I still think you should err on the side of caution. Not every herpese outbreak is the same, even for the same person.

quincy

Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 PM   #6
Inactive

crippledyouth HB User

well for one, its like reddish skin and had like littel bumps like pimples. It itched a little and gets dry very quickly.
My friend said it might be eczema, but i dont think thats wut it is, but i dunno.
And no it hasnt gone away yet, and its been almsot a month.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

whiteluluflower HB User

it does kind of sound like exzema, go to the doc, he can give u a cream..

Old 12-07-2004, 08:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

oh, a month....you could have said so earlier.

I agree, go to the doctor.

q

Closed Thread