It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

anger irshwoman HB User
Angry iwant to talk to someone

undefinedundefinedundefined i would like to talk to someone about this cancer thing , i was told it was cancer but i didnr know what treatment they are going to give me . all i know is that they are going to start with a catscan and a mro and all i have been doing these last three days is crying . and say why me ?i hope they ifnd it treatable . cam some out here talk with me so i dont feel so sad and make me feel beter. i just need some one to talk to. i feel so scared and mad to as a matter of fact mad as hell

Last edited by anger irshwoman; 12-04-2004 at 05:41 PM.

Old 12-04-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: iwant to talk to someone

Very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I can't imagine how hard that must be. It sounds like you will get a better idea of how they will be treating it after they run some more tests. Definitely find a doctor that you trust and who explains things to you. This is a process that you are going to want to go through with a doc that you are comfortable with. Also, you might try looking for a support group in your area. Ask your doctor or call a local hospital. Other than that, I can't really help. But hang in there and fight it. Good luck.

Last edited by kehorner; 12-04-2004 at 06:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Getting a diagnosis of cancer is very frightening and overwhelming. It's hard to get one's thoughts together and difficult to know what questions to ask at first.

May I ask what kind of cancer you have?

Great strides have been made in the treatment of many different cancers and the outlook today is more hopeful than ever.
Can you give us a little more information?...maybe we can help a little more.

zuzu xx

Old 12-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi irishwoman. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I agree with the other posts. Ask your doctor to explain everything. It is his/her job. Ask questions. If possible, bring someone with you and/or take notes. Sometimes when things are upsetting, it is difficult to concentrate and remember what was said.

When you have more information, learn everything you can. Knowledge is power and will help you to learn what options are available.

Talk with others who are going through the same things. They can really understand and offer good advice. Check out the cancer board at this site.

You are in my prayers.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:48 PM   #5
(female)

anger irshwoman HB User

thank you everyone for your support . will keep in touch

Old 12-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #6
(female)

dizzyone HB User

I, m sorry to hear about the dx. You need to get all the info you can about what you are dealing with and the treatments. I know it can be real scary. I have been experiencing some weird smptoms myself and have to go in and have an MRI done next week, I am really worried about what they may find too. I have to small kids and a husband and am trying to deal with all this stress plus work. If you need someone to talk to just sign back in here, we,re all here for you. Sandra What type of cancer are you diagnosed with?

Old 12-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
(female)

anger irshwoman HB User
Red face Re: iwant to talk to someone

as far as i know sinus but i wish they would make up their minds , but i will let you know

Old 12-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

I know it's SO hard not to make catastophic leaps in your mind before you know for sure what you are dealing with. We all tend to do that when we aren't yet armed with enough information.

When you say you wish the doctors would make up their minds, does that mean they themselves are not positive yet that it's cancer?

The CT scans and MRIs will arm you and your doctors with more information about what exactly this is.. Also, if it's not known yet for SURE, the scans will help determine whether it's possible it's a benign (non-cancerous) lesion. They also need to determine it's size. If it IS cancer, the scans will help determine the best treatment for you. There are many effective treatments for what they call paranasal sinus cancers.

"Waiting" is the worst part.

There are incredibly knowledgeable people on this Board AND the Cancer Board...many of whom may be going through exactly what you're going through right this minute...many with the same symptoms...many waiting, like you, for more tests and many who have already been down this road and can answer a lot of questions for you, including what EXACTLY to ask the doctors.

So, just know you're not alone...a lot of us have access to much info and research, and where to turn and who to see and what to ask... plus the fact that SO many people have actually lived through and survived cancer and are here on these boards to help others!

Keep us posted okay?

zuzu xxx

Closed Thread