It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #1

annarayne HB User
Question unable to take in deep breaths

this started up a couple weeks back. it began when i'd try to rest or lay down and i couldn't yawn, or take in deep breaths. it felt like i just couldn't take in that much air although i really do need to take it in. i feel as though i can never get in enough air. after a while my chest gets very heavy, although i've gone to the hospital and taken an x-ray so i know that it isn't any type of infection in my chest. i believe it's my throat. it feels clogged. the best similarity i can come up with is sleep apnea. it feels like how that sounds. i do have sleep apnea, it's not really bad but i know i have it slightly from doing sleep tests. i also know that symptoms are not apparent while you're awake. it's almost like my throat muscles are too weak to breathe properly and almost makes me snore during the day, it's quite embarassing. it's gone on for well over a week. the doctor at the hospital said it's probably viral but i should check in in a week if it's still the same which i assume will be because it's only progressing and not getting better. what could this be? i should also mention that when i did go to the hospital, my blood pressure was pretty high. 140 over 99 about. i normally have very good blood pressure, and my actual stress intake has been relatively low lately. they know as well this isn't asthma because i wasn't responding to the stuff they gave me to elleviate in case it was. as well, i did something to measure how much air i exhale (unsure what that's called), that was low as well. i blew far below the average lung capacity. so, any help, or advice on how i can breathe more easily.. i'd appreciate it. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread