It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

mandi_hart330 HB User
Its not appendicitus..what is it??

Hi all. My boyfriend has been having some serious health problems lately, and he's went to the doctors. They thought it was appendicitus, but they found out that wasn't it. And now they can't figure out what's wrong.

He's been seeing blood in his stool every once in awhile for about a month now.

He's had diarreah, and has bowl movements atleast 8 times a day.
Stomach cramps, they started on his right side, but now they are on both side of his lower stomach.
Dizziness,
throwing up,
fluctuating fevers. they go up to 103 degrees at times, usually at night, and during the day they go back down to 99 degrees or so.
Extreme cold chills, he can't get warm!
Aches and pains all over, and he's been very weak.
He's been very bloated in his stomach area.
All this has been happening for about a week.

It sounded like appendicitus to me too, considering I went through it before. But with many tests, the doctors have confirmed that isn't it. It seems like some type of infection, but i'm no doctor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I'm so worried

Last edited by mandi_hart330; 12-04-2004 at 09:41 PM.

Old 12-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

velvet48 HB User
Re: Its not appendicitus..what is it??

what else is the dr doing for him? are they running any other tests on him, they should be. he sounds pretty sick to me. i think he should have a colonoscopy to see why the blood in his stool, also, they should be checking him for some kind of infection, and not to mention lyme disease and co-infections. one co-infection called ehrlichiosis can make you extremely ill. they all can make you mighty sick. if doc is not doing anything more right now, i would insist they do something to help him and find out what is making him so sick. if he keeps getting worse, i would even think of going to the emergency room.
good luck
karen

Last edited by velvet48; 12-05-2004 at 04:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
(female)

mandi_hart330 HB User

We took him to the emergency room the night i made my post. the Doc's have been taking blood samples, Kat scans, chest X-rays, stool samples, and anal exams. They think it might be a viral infection, and have been keeping him on anti-biotics. But they still aren't completely sure what it is. He's had 4 surgions visit him now, but we haven't got any feedback from them at all.. They won't let him eat or drink anything, they say that's in case he needs surgery.. His fevers have been even worse, up to 104 degrees at times. And they have him hooked up to IVs to keep him hydrated. I fear it's something pretty bad, considering it's a good hospital, and they still don't know what it really is. His cold chills have gone away since he's been on the anti-biotics, but all the other symptoms still exist. Also, they haven't even made a big deal about the blood in his stool. The stool sample he gave had blood in it, but they haven't said anything about it to us. Thank you velvet48 for the info, I'm going to talk to the doctor about those things tomorrow.

Hope for the best,
Mandi

Last edited by mandi_hart330; 12-05-2004 at 04:57 PM.

Old 12-06-2004, 06:02 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

velvet48 HB User

good luck mandi and i hope they figure out what is making him so sick. i'll be praying for him
karen

Old 12-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

have they checked the possibility of an ulcer?

Old 12-07-2004, 06:10 AM   #6
(female)

mandi_hart330 HB User

TY velvet, all prayers will help
I'm not sure twiz, they haven't "released" much information at all..
They have him on liquids today, and they say he is doing a little better.
Hopefully they will be able to clear things up today when I head up there. I'll let you guys know if I find anything out

Last edited by mandi_hart330; 12-07-2004 at 06:10 AM.

Closed Thread