It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #1

justme713 HB User
Strange neck pain. Really worried =\

Everytime I swollow anything solid, or hot I get this sharp pain in a specific part of my neck. I shouldn't say "pain" exactly becuase it doesn't necissarily hurt, but it feels almost like there is something stuck in throat. Except, it's not in my throat, it's on the left front side of my neck. I have a swollen lymph node about an inch away, if that has something to do with it I don't know?

I've browsed the internet, and I can't seam to find any information on my symptoms. If someone could help me out it would so much greatly appreciated :]

Last edited by justme713; 12-06-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Strange neck pain. Really worried =\

I am sorry to say I cannot offer help. Have you tried to see an ENT? Do you have a fever with this swollen gland? Are any other glands swollen that you can tell? As long as you aren't having problems breathing, swollowing and have no fever I bet you will be fine long enough to get into see a dr. But, do so as soon as you can. Better safe than sorry.Good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User
Re: Strange neck pain. Really worried =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme713
Everytime I swollow anything solid, or hot I get this sharp pain in a specific part of my neck. I shouldn't say "pain" exactly becuase it doesn't necissarily hurt, but it feels almost like there is something stuck in throat. Except, it's not in my throat, it's on the left front side of my neck. I have a swollen lymph node about an inch away, if that has something to do with it I don't know?

I've browsed the internet, and I can't seam to find any information on my symptoms. If someone could help me out it would so much greatly appreciated :]
I have a similar problem minus the swollen glad. I also had a vein appear there real visable... Went to the Dr. back in May and told me the vein was flowing and not to worry. I get almost a spasum type pain on the left front side. It comes and goes and I do haven't found much info on the net. I am so scared because it won't go away. She (the Dr.) even tried telling me I was stressed over the vein and in my mind making it hurt! I don't think so??
I swear sometimes we know more than the Dr.'s.
If you find anything out do let me know. The only other thing I can think of that I had done is getting your thyroid checked?

Closed Thread