It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

JustChilling HB User
I'M SO COLD!!! Any remedies?

First off I get cold very easily. I just started a new job and I was told that my desk area is the coldest spot on the floor. Oh Jeesh! Not only is it cold, but it is also windy. I am literally freezing. I am wearing nylons underneath my pants and silk undies to cover up top area of my body. I am also wearing a sweater with my leather coat on. Too boot, I have to wear gloves to keep my hands warm which is not always possible, because I have to type quite a bit.
Any solutions on being warmer? Any medication or herbal products that are helpful? I can't change the area of where I sit. I already asked for the building maintenance to change the air control, but then it just gets re-adjusted. Also, we are not allowed to have space heaters!!! Grrrrrr..... This is horrible! I hate it!

Any advice out there? Please any help would be soooo appreciated! PLEASE HELP!!!! I'M SO COLD!!!

Last edited by JustChilling; 12-07-2004 at 06:13 PM. Reason: TYPOs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2004, 06:20 PM   #2

annarayne HB User
Re: I'M SO COLD!!! Any remedies?

ya. maybe ask your employer to invest in some heating. sounds like incredibly bad conditions to work in which can be detrimental to your health. i know i couldn't do it considering my hands would hurt so bad. maybe you should bring it up and let your employer know that it's crappy work conditions.. if it was just a bit chilly i'd understand but if it's to the point you're wearing a ton of layers, i think it's reasonable and in your favour to tell him to fork over some heat on your end.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

well sorry
but, if they won't allow a small heater bacuz it will cost them more elecricity..hmm i think you should find a better job where you won't be freezing all the time..its really no good for the bones..etc.. you should try to find somthing else...

Old 12-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Have you had your thyroid checked? If not, do so. Thyroid conditions can cause you to be cold. Also if you recently lost a lot of weight you will be cold.

Do you have a therometer to check temperature where you are working? If not, do check it. I could be the area is too cold and then again it could just be your body. Checking the temp will let you know.

Closed Thread