It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

surviva_person HB User
lol just a question

which topic would i go to for problems with fluid reasoning?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: lol just a question

Surviva,

Sorry, but don't understand the expression you are using.
Do you mean fluid retention?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2004, 04:02 AM   #3
(female)

surviva_person HB User

no, the doctor said fluid reasoning: P its like, a problem with seeing the consequences of your actions.

Old 12-12-2004, 07:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Do you mean some sort of a condition in the brain?there is a brain and nervous system disorder board just a scroll away, a little further down the list of topics.Did you have any sort of brain injury?My son ended up with having problems with his decision making skills and other cognitive functioning after having an accident this past july when he fell off a moving car and landed directly on the back of his head.It caused a skull fracture and severe concussion(in a coma.and on a vent for about a week)he had some brusing and bleeding into the frontal lobe of his brain.He is recovering quite well but is still recieving some therepy to get his cognitive thinking totally back on track.what you are dealing with would appear to be caused in that same area as where it affected my son.how was this picked up in you?Or did you indeed suffer some sort of brain trauma?Marcia

Old 12-12-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

surviva_person....are you still a teenager? Understanding the consequences of one's actions would be like the equation....a + b = (c,d,e,f,g or h)

example, you might just be doing things impulsively but not considering that your actions may have unwanted consequences. Consequences can be positive or negative or even neutral.

The bottom line, we are responsible for what we think, say, feel and do.

Apparently, teenagers' brains aren't yet fully capable of the action/consequence scenario.....but that's not an excuse....for one learns from every situation.

Hope this helps,
quincy

Old 12-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Surviva,
Are you possibly referring to some cognitive tests that you or your child were given to measure I.Q?

One of the tests they use to measure "fluid reasoning" is something called Object Assembly where the person is asked to put puzzles together. Apparently doctors can tell whether there is a "thinking" or learning problem by the way this is performed.

zuzu xx

Closed Thread