It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
(male)

NikeShox HB User
Pain in fingers...heartache?

Whenever I think of this one girl I like i get this ache/pain in my left ring and middle fingers. This happened last year also. Anyone have any idea whatsoever what this can be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Pain in fingers...heartache?

Hi,

LOVE/LUST!! Ever hear the term "love hurts"? WE feel it physically!!

It's definitely psychosomatic probably because of anxiety/strong emotion.

Have you looked at the ring finger/heart connection? They say it's in the same meridian zone of the body.

Physically....there are nerves connections neck/shoulder/fingers. It's possible that anxiety or stress tightens the muscles of the neck and shoulders, thus, pressing on the nerves that lead to your fingers.

The other reason would be because of what happens to the body during adrenaline release (fight or flight), which prepares the body to react. The heart pumps faster and blood is rushed rushed into the extremities and into the brain. It could be a mild version of that response.

I don't think it's anything serious because it has only happened a few times. If it happened consistently in a variety of situations, I'd suggest getting thoroughly checked out by a doctor.

Try not to let the symptoms bother you too much, for your thoughts can exacerbate them and create a more stressful cycle of anxiety and symptoms.

She must be very special to evoke such a response from within you....!

Be well,
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 12-16-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #3
(male)

NikeShox HB User
Re: Pain in fingers...heartache?

Thanks for the info, I wasn't really worried about it, just curious about if there was a scientific explanation.

Closed Thread