It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
Veteran

monarchangel HB User
Chiropractor

I just went to a chiropractor yesterday and he told me that I have a spinal misalignment in my neck and that it is pretty bad. I have been struggling with a weird dizziness thing for two years and I have seen so many doctors and I am trying to find out if I FINALLY narrowed my problems down to this thing. Has anyone ever had a misalignment in their neck and can you tell me what your symptoms were so I can compare them to mine? Also, did you get better and feel a difference?Thanks a lot

Old 12-18-2004, 01:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Re: Chiropractor

Yes and my chiropractor sent me to a orthopedic to get it evaluated, my discs are all messed up, bulging, pinching nerves etc and the chiro of course won't mess with it. Yes, dizziness, have a headach most of the time, some days very bad, others just nagging. I have poor range of motion in turning left to right, it is very limited. I was to have surgery 20 yrs ago but I'm too paranoid and now it is beyond repair as arthritis set in throughout my spine. It is tolerable but I wish I had it done back then. Misaligned needs to be evaluated as to WHY it is, sometimes it is a simple realignment others it is do to damage from injuries like my 3 car accidents etc. Best to get evaluated by not only a chiro but a orthopedic, my chiro was tuned in enough to know not to touch the neck for fear of further damage, yours should to before he starts to cracking. My first chiro actually further damaged my neck years before and I won my lawsuit. He didn't bother with xrays just felt it as misaligned (that can mean anything from nothing to nerve damage) and my neck progressed to severe from the cracking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 02:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

I agree with Nancy. If none of the doctors you've seen were orthopedic people, please do NOT let a chiropractor manipulate, adjust, "re-align" your neck (cervical spine) until you have a full evaluation by an orthopedic physician!

zuzu xx

Old 12-21-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User

Yes, I was also diagnosed with misalignment by a chiopractor. I went to an orthopedist who sent me to physical therapy. Physical theraphy was a waste of time as they just had me do exercises that did nothing to help my symptoms.
I then went to the chiropractor and have been going since. It's wonderful! My symptoms of headaches, dizziness and grogginess have completely subsided. In the beginning I had to go 2 times a week but after a month I began to go just once a month and now every couple of months just to check up. He removed any scar tissue in my neck with a deep tissue massage and then he would manipulate my neck. I'd recommend it for those who cannot get help from a doctor!

Old 12-22-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
Veteran

monarchangel HB User

Thank you so much for your response. I was actually in a serious car accident three years ago where my mom and I were hit by a trolly train. I was finishing college at the time, and so I never thought anything of the neck pain I had. But for the past two years, my life has been hell. I have gone to so many drs and wasted so much of my time lying in bed because I felt too dizzy to do anything. My main symptom is this really weird "foggy head" feeling where it feels like my head weighs 100 pounds. This feeling is there 24-7 and I was wondering if you experienced the same thing. I have been reading a lot about misalignments and the chiropractor told me I definetly have a bad one on my left side. I have been reading that this can cause pressure on the nerve and makes you feel dizzy. I am just so scared because I have been searching for an answer to why I feel like this every single day. I have been misdiagnosed so many times and I am praying that maybe this neck thing has been my problem all along. Thanks.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #6
Veteran

monarchangel HB User

I was reading somewhere that when you first start going to a chiropractor you get lightheaded for a while and I was wondering if anyone knows if that's true. I am going to a chiropractor because I am dizzy and I don't want to make it worse. Thanks

Closed Thread