It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

tcastillo62 HB User
Question Help with Itching and briusing

I am having extreme problems with itching so severely that I am leaving huge bruises. I am only getting them on my legs and less frequently on the upper part of my back. Can someone please help? The itching generaly stops in the evenings but during the day while working and evening classes it is very annoying and painful at times
Please please help me understand what is going on with me.

Last edited by tcastillo62; 12-19-2004 at 08:30 AM.

Old 12-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Help with Itching and briusing

I'm a beliver is Gold bond power.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I had this happen and we think mine was due to stress. First try to take Benedryl and see if that stops your itching....also keep notes on what you eat and what you do your laundry in and anything and everything you touch or eat. Including dairy products and perfumes.
If you can not find a pattern you may want to see an allergist who will probably recommend steriods for a short time.
You can try Clariton or allergy meds to see if it clears it up. Try changing your razor, somtimes bacteria can bread seriously on a razor blade and get into your skin threw open skin that you can't see.
I hope I helped. Good luck. I know the torture.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Yup... if it's mainly on the legs, I would agree with the razor hypothesis (assuming that you shave your legs...). I had horrible itching and it was dermatitis or folliculitis or something like that. Basically, bacteria can grow in the razor, so you want to change that fairly often. More importantly, if you are using a loofah-type sponge, that can be a serious place for bacteria and mold and stuff to grow. So change your razor, get rid of the sponge (try maybe a washcloth that you change every day), and take a break from shaving for a week or two. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
(female)

tcastillo62 HB User

Oh thank you so much I am relieved to know that there are some answers I did not know about, it could be my shaver.....I have a tendency of not changing it out for a while. I have a Venus Gillette and the prices on the extra cartrideges are outragious.
So I tend to overuse them....that could be it. I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary. I always use washcloths but I also tend to use those over and over again too. Thank you again for all the information it has been very helpful, I hope I can get this to change soon it is driving me crazy.

Closed Thread