It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #1

Machine04 HB User
Need some help please

For the past 3 months i have had this Cough driving me crazy it soon got to where when i coughed i couldnt stop and then i would just vomit i do smoke and drink caffine alot i am getting heartburn alot too just sometimes itll burn so bad ill vomit im gaining alot of wieght i weighed 160 somethin 3 months ago i now weigh 197 ive went to the doctor he doesnt know Wil someone please help me..this is really bothering me

Old 12-22-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

velvet48 HB User
Re: Need some help please

it could be bronchitis. i am surprised the doc didn't give you either a codine cough syrup or a puffer to help you. i would find another doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 03:04 AM   #3

Machine04 HB User

bronchitis Can last that long? And he did give me codine it didnt help he gave me antibiotics didnt help and then Predasone however its spelled Steroids is what it was didnt help that just made me even more sick i should i typed this earlier..sorry then he said he didnt know i didnt know bronchitis lasted this long=/ im so confused..and tired of this

Old 12-23-2004, 03:48 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine04
bronchitis Can last that long? And he did give me codine it didnt help he gave me antibiotics didnt help and then Predasone however its spelled Steroids is what it was didnt help that just made me even more sick i should i typed this earlier..sorry then he said he didnt know i didnt know bronchitis lasted this long=/ im so confused..and tired of this

How long have you been on the Prednisone? Prednisone can cause weight gain very fast. It can make your face swell up too. I took it a year ago for a month and I gained weight too.

I'm not sure about why you are coughing so much. I, myself just got over a bout of bronchitis and it made me cough a whole lot. I was like you, once I startec coughing, I couldn't stop. It took over a week to finally ease up. I still have a lot of congestion, but the coughing has slowed down. I've never had bronchitis before. This year has been a really bad year for cold's and flu's.

The medicine's I took were Zithromax(which is also called the Z-Pac). It's suppsed to work faster than the regular infection medicines and it only has 6 pills to take instead of 15. I also took antihistamine when I felt my head was really clogged up. I didn't think I would recover either, but all of a sudden, it all slowed down. I thought I was going to be sich for christmas. Good thing I'm not.

Either way, I would call your doctor back and let him know that you are still feeling bad and that the antibiotics don't seem to be working. It could also be a viral infection too which has to run it's course and antibiotics won't help.(which is what my doctor told me)

Good Luck,
Chantel

Old 12-24-2004, 02:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

Or it could be that your throat is irritated by acid reflux. Have you tried taking Prilosec? I take that every day, if I don't I do get heartburn really bad that can lead to vomitting but it has never made me cough for more than a few minutes at a time.

When I have had really bad coughs, it is due to my sinuses draining into my throat. I guess I have allergies but it doesn't seem to come and go with any season, my sinus problems are just always there. I take Claritin ever day and that helps a great deal.

Closed Thread