It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
(male)

BPJD36 HB User
My Dads sickness, any1 help ?

my dad has been sick since august, hes been to the hospital , had millions of tests done, and the doctors say his protein level is to high and his kidney was damaged he has someithng like protenuria, because he does have high blood pressure, but its getting controlled better now, and he cant breath real well when he walks he has a hard time breathing and i just dont understand why hes just not himself at all. He sits down all the time and he was SO active .Hes depressed and now he found out hes on disability. and thats making him worried, i just dont understand this thing he got...High blood pressure, Fluid retention. he does have diabetes but not a bad case ..its controlable,and he cant breath real well though ...and his stomach sometimes looks like hes having a baby like hes got bad gas and he burps like no other lol.
Hes all messed up i just dont know if theres anything he can do or why the doctors gave him perminate disability?If anyone can help please do so.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #2

lupine HB User
Re: My Dads sickness, any1 help ?

Click here for some answer's and I hope your father gets better soon.
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/proteinuria/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: My Dads sickness, any1 help ?

BPJD36, I am sorry your dad is so sick. If his doctor is not trying to find the cause of his symptoms, please get him to another one.

Has he ever been bitten by a tick that you know of? If he has been tested for other things with no results you may want to consider Lyme disease. It is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. Ticks can transmit several different diseases. No test is completely reliable, so it is very important to see a Lyme knowledgeable doctor. Lyme disease is the second fastest growing infectious disease in the US after AIDS, yet many doctors are unaware of its prevalance or seriousness.

If you want to post where you live, I will give you the name of the closest knowledgeable doctor to you that I know of. For more information on tickborne illnesses, see the "Lyme Disease Information" post on the Lyme board at this site.

Keep searching, you will find answers. Your father is very lucky to have you helping him

Closed Thread