It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

Darksage34 HB User
Panic! Neck tightness! Advice?

Advice needed? I'm a 38 y/o male. I went to my Dr. a couple of days ago with these symptoms: Neck tightness, choking sensation, a knot the size of a BB appeared beside my left ear just under the skin. My lymph glands are swollen in my neck. My hands are shaky & have been for some time. My Dr. says he doesn't know what is wrong with me. So, he took blood & urine samples, & put me on Doxycycline for two weeks, & i'm waiting to here from that. Also, for some time now the top of my spine where it connects to my head, has stiffness & is numb in one spot. My jaw pops alot TMJ? I have bad teeth, could these symptoms be coming from an abcess infection? My Dr. also said that i looked a little Jaundiced. I feel that i'm falling apart & am really stressing out! As most of these symptoms just came on all of the sudden. Any input on my situation would be appreciated (Good or Bad) Thanks for your time! Sage

Old 12-27-2004, 02:14 AM   #2
(male)

janson HB User
Re: Panic! Neck tightness! Advice?

Abscess would be possible, but do you really have one? However, abscess alone wouldn't lead to jaundice.
Your doctor's first thought obviously was some kind of infection so he prescribed you an antibiotic (Doxycycline).
Among other, blood disorder, liver disease (hepatitis) or disease of limph nodes are possible. I won't list them all here to scare you without need. It can be something serious, but not necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread