It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 06:52 PM   #1

XxXxHoPeLeSsXxX HB User
Question Always Cold!!!

I used to weigh 150 pounds but have lost 25 pounds in the past 2 1/2 months and am still losing. The only complaint that I have is that now I am ALWAYS cold. I wear warm clothes but am consistantly really, really cold. This is posing a problem!!! Without sounding dumb, it is almost like the extra weight was insulating me! hehe... Could it be something that I am doing health wise that is making me this cold, or is it just me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Always Cold!!!

Are you male or female? How old are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

UNdscovrdCCRETS HB User

Well, fat does keep you warm. I have the same problem, even when i wear layers my feet and hands are always cold. How tall are you, m/f and age??

Old 12-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

If you are constantly cold, especially in your face and extremities (feet) you may have something more going on here. It could be a case of poor circulation or even low blood pressure. Problems with sugar or even thyroids can cause a similiar effect.

Do you perchance smoke? Smoking will cause circulation problems and cause your feet to be forever cold as well as various other things that may cause circulation issues.
Your best bet may be to get a simple checkup just to rule anything out.
Loosing weight shouldn't cause you to be cold.

BTW did you intentionally loose that much weight that fast or did it just occur naturally as it' really isn't a safe rate to be loosing weight. 1 - 2 lbs weekly is the safest bet.
If you didn't purposely loose it you may very well have a thyroid problem going on and need to be checked.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #5

XxXxHoPeLeSsXxX HB User

I am a female, and I am 22. I am 5 foot 4. I lost that much weight unconciously actually to be honest. didnt mean to, just kinda stopped eating as much as i used to. dont mind it though.

Last edited by XxXxHoPeLeSsXxX; 12-27-2004 at 09:58 PM.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Well if you are 22 what I was going to say won't apply... (I was thinking perimenopause! So I highly doubt that! LOL!)

Old 12-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

Sounds like hypothyroid symptoms -- had the same happen to me!

Old 12-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #8
Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User

I too am alwas cold XXhopeless....

Im 21 5'4'' and im am currently weighing 165 and attempting to loose weight. I can be wearing a long sleep shirt with a hooded sweatshirt and I WILL BE FREEZING!! I have no clue what to make of it! Anyoen with any ideas i'd like to know too!! please tell i cant stand being cold!

Old 12-28-2004, 08:51 PM   #9
(female)

malibubarbie999 HB User
Arrow Re: Always Cold!!!

Unfortunately, this sounds all too familiar to me I am 21/F, 5'6" and only 105 lbs. I am always FREEZING!!! I honestly think part of it does have to do with body fat (or a lack of in our case). But I also have kind of low blood pressure & I smoke (quitting January 1st) so obviously my circulation isn't what it could be. Do you know where your blood pressure normally hangs around? Because if it's low, it can definitely be causing you to feel cold. Feeling cold doesn't have to mean there's anything medically wrong with you though. All the women in my family are the same way, but are healthy otherwise. Do you smoke? Also, are you on any meds? That could also be a factor. I take Adderall (amphetamine) for ADHD and since I started the drug I've been feeling colder than normal. Well, good luck trying to stay warm and remember you are NOT ALONE!!!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:13 PM   #10
Inactive

Dream0n83 HB User

Im not a smoker, and for my height I am somewhat over weight! =( So you'd think i wouldnt be having this problem. But in the mean time i will be keeping the double layers on.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:03 AM   #11

annarayne HB User

i have poor circulation and as a result.. i'm cold 24/7. i'm 5'8 and125lbs.. ever since i was a kid.. freezing my butt off!

Old 12-29-2004, 11:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

I'd really go see an internist just to rule out that you aren't having either circulation problems or thyroid problems. One of the obvious signs of thyroid problems is that your eyes appear to be "bulging" from their sockets and rapid weight loss without trying.
This had occured to a dear family member last year, it wasn't until after she had a child they found out the real problem.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Hyperthyroidism causes eyes to buldge (Graves Disease).
Hypothyrodism causes a person to be cold as well as other things.

Be sure and get your thyroid checked out by an internist.

Closed Thread