It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
(male)

mtk21 HB User
Uncontrollable Puking

Okay so last night I felt perfectly fine, but today I woke up at 5 AM and had a horrible upset stomach....and I puked....

An hour later I wake up again and my stomach feels even worse and I puke yet again. I go downstairs to take a pepto-bismol and I just puke it up half an hour later.

Now it's to the point where I'm just dry heaving and nothing comes out. It hurts like heck when this happens and I become extremely dehydrated.

I haven't puked for 3 hours now and I feel better, but I'm worried it'll happen yet again.

I've puked 8 times in total today and 6 out of the 8 time I dry heaved.

Could it be something I ate? My sister woke up in the middle of the night as well and she had the same problem as me.....She's puked even more than me. So could it be food poisoning from something I ate Christmas day?

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-26-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
Re: Uncontrollable Puking

The fact that after all that throwing up you feel better, and not 24 hours has passed, means it could very well be food poisioning. Usually when the offending food is out of your system you do feel better. It could also be a virus. If anyone else comes down with it in the next day or two that would indicate its something like that.

In the meantime, try just a tiny bit of liquid jello or some room temperature ginerale or Sprite. If that stays down then slowly add more every 30 minutes or so and see what happens. Chances are if you feel up to drinking a little bit of one of those your body is probaby ready for some fluids and you will be able to handle it. If you still haven't kept anything down by tomorrow I would call the doctor. You don't want to dehydrate.

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

could also be a food intolerance..maybe somtin you ate your body doesn't like it..you could get tested for allergies..did you have beer.??? beer contains alot of malt, malt comes from grains very diffcult to digest..its a guess but, anyhow go get tested if it keeps happening..

Old 12-26-2004, 08:34 PM   #4
(male)

mtk21 HB User

I didn't drink beer as I'm only 13 ;-)

I'm not allergic to any foods.....so it shouldn't be that...

But I feel a lot better now and I'm now starting to feel hungry which is always a good sign. My head hurts from all that puking though and I woke up at 5 PM so right now it feels like 11 AM.....I'm never going to get to sleep tonight.....

I'm very dizzy and drowsy but I think that's just what happens after puking 8 times......heh

Old 12-26-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

That went around my family too. My 3 year old then my husband and last was me. We couldn't even keep water down. It only lasted a day though.

Old 12-26-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
(male)

mtk21 HB User

I couldn't keep water down either. I found it kind of amusing that I could actually see what I just ate! :-) Okay kind of gross.

Closed Thread