It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User
Off Balence after Roller Coaster Rides in May 04 - Opinions?

Hi All,

Need Opinions here...

Back on memorial day, i went to an amusement part with some friends. went on 2 roller coaster rides with some friends, first time i ever have. An hour or so after the ride, i became very weak, and off balence / Dizzy. Its been 7 months now, and i still have this condition. Its not debilitating, but its there. Some days are worse than others. I have for years have felt fullness in my ears, as if i may have fluid in them, but never really went to get it checked. No headaches, or other symptoms, just this off balence kind of feeling. Any ideas? Can The roller coaster rides really have messed up my ears, balence for so long?

Thanks
Adam

Last edited by adam2000; 12-26-2004 at 06:35 PM.

Old 12-26-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
(male)

mtk21 HB User
Re: Off Balence after Roller Coaster Rides in May 04 - Opinions?

Well roller coaster rides can really beat up adults and some teenagers....And considering it's your first real ride on a coaster, it may just be your body telling yourself that they're too wild for you.....

Sometimes wild rides on coasters can trigger something that was already in your body, but wasn't noticeable.....For instance you may not think you have a flu until you get off of a coaster and realize your throat is really sore and you're dizzy....

But to have the same symptoms 7 whole months after the rides is strange....

Are you positive it was the coasters that caused your problems?

Other than that the only think I can suggest to you is to check with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User

Yeah it is strange....I was fine before i was on there. Of course, it was 50 degrees that day with a stiff breeze and we went on a few water rides to be idiots. I thought I read somewhere that vertigo/dizziness can last months...it does worry me some. Another thing I thought about was bleeing in my head or something, but i dont have any other symptoms. Im thinking its my ears...hoping there might be someone out there with similar experiences...

Old 12-27-2004, 02:39 AM   #4
(female)

Chris1968 HB User

Hi Adam,

It does sound like your ears, it could be that the roller coaster has moved the tiny crystals that are in your ear causing you to be off balance. The best thing you can do is post your question on the inner ear boards here - the people there are brilliant, really know their stuff and yes dizziness can last months, ive had mine 6 and a half years, but dont worry Im a rare case, and have no diagnosis.

Chris

Closed Thread