It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 09:29 PM   #1

ashzerocom HB User
tiny piece of glass in my foot

like the title reads

i have a tiny piece of glass in my foot that i cannot pinpoint where it's at. can't really see where it went in either. this happened yesterday, and this morning i woke up with a dull pain in my foot.

i tried soaking and looking again but no luck.

should i go see a doctor? what if it gets into my blood stream?

Last edited by ashzerocom; 12-26-2004 at 10:05 PM.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User
Re: tiny piece of glass in my foot

I wouldn't worry about it getting in your blood steam. Chances are it will work itself to the surface. I also would not worry about going to the doctor unless it is very painful or gets infected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
(female)

tiggerwoo HB User

at least someone else with the same prob........ lets hope we can cheer each other up. 6 weeks ago I trod on a wire brush and got some little splinters in it. Unfortunately they are too small too show up on xray, ultrasound or c t scan. Am also worried due to it still feeling like I am walking on a hedgehog in various points in my foot that it will get in to my blood stream... keep me posted on your foot and any advice for whether it will dissolve or how long it will take to work its way out......... cos i want to be able to walk my doggies again instead of playing hop along cassidy.

Thanks everyone Clare

Old 12-27-2004, 10:30 AM   #4
(female)

veree HB User
Talking Re: tiny piece of glass in my foot

My husband had the same problems a couple of years ago. Went to ER and they couldn't find anything either. Elderly neighbor man came over with milk and bread. Dipped the milk in bread, taped it to my husbands foot and the next day foot was great. Think this must be an old grandmas remedy. Little messy but it worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by veree; 12-27-2004 at 10:32 AM.

Old 12-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #5
(female)

RubySlippers HB User

Definitely monitor it and make sure it comes out.

I've had a piece of glass in my heal for years. I should have taken care of it because every now and then it will hurt when I walk and when I exfoliate the dead skin on my heals the I can feel the glass. I've tried and tried to find it and get it out but it seems that since it's been so long it's turned into granular bits. I can never seem to get it all out.

I know I should go to the doc but the thought of them having to give me a numbing shot in my heal makes me feel sick - yuck!!

Good luck to you
Angela

Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 PM   #6

Heather1418 HB User
Wink Re: tiny piece of glass in my foot

you probably should get it checked out just to be on the safe side.....Heather

Old 12-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User

I don't want to gross anyone out, but I have got a similar story. It happened to one of my college professors. She said that she was walking around her house barefoot, and there was a toothpick that got caught in her carpet and was standing straight up. She didn't see it and she stepped on it and it went all the way into her foot. She pulled out what she could, and thought that she had gotten it all. (She got about half of it, and thought that she had probably just stepped on half of a toothpick.) She's a teacher and was on her feet all day. Later that day she was having pain and went to the hospital. They didn't see anything on the x-ray. (does wood show up on an x-ray?) So they just cleaned it for her as best they could and sent her home. She felt better and didn't think about it anymore. A few months later she had really bad pain in the top of her foot. She took off her shoe and there was the other half of the toothpick, sticking out of the top of her foot. My skin is crawling just thinking about it! She said that she called a surgeon friend of hers who met her at the office and removed the rest of it! I'll never walk barefoot again after hearing that! That totally grosses me out!

Closed Thread