It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #1

MikeDurrant HB User
Working Out Questions

Hey, well i decided i wanna get into working out.. Gain some muscle and such.. Im saving my pennies to get a subscription to the gym i dont got a job jus school so im saving..

Tell then i wanna work out at home..
I do Chinups daily

What im wondering is, well does the chinups rlly work? i started at
max 4 a few weeks ago now im at 25... I know the amount is getting higher but will it help gain muscle? And if u know of any other typ of home workout please share it.. I got a abb work out video thing im jus wondering what els i can do..
Thanks for the help

Old 12-26-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Inactive

pocketrocket123 HB User
Re: Working Out Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDurrant
Hey, well i decided i wanna get into working out.. Gain some muscle and such.. Im saving my pennies to get a subscription to the gym i dont got a job jus school so im saving..

Tell then i wanna work out at home..
I do Chinups daily

What im wondering is, well does the chinups rlly work? i started at
max 4 a few weeks ago now im at 25... I know the amount is getting higher but will it help gain muscle? And if u know of any other typ of home workout please share it.. I got a abb work out video thing im jus wondering what els i can do..
Thanks for the help
Yeah chin-ups are good, I'm a marine and we do those all the time. Push ups are real good too. I do more push-ups than anything else in life I think. If you can, try and do a handstand pushup, its not as hard as it sounds, plus its flippin sweet to talk about how you were just doing handstand push-ups. Go next to a wall and do a handstand, and balance yourself by leaning your feet on the wall, then do your push-ups. Try spade push-ups too. Take your index and thumb finger and make a loser sign with both hands, now put those two Ls together, you should have made a spade. Keeping that hand formation and start doing push-ups. Spade push-ups focus on your triceps. Regular push-ups focus on chest, and the handstand push-ups will give your shoulders a real good workout. The chin ups will work your lats, those are muscles in your back if you don't know. If you do a close underhand grip, it will work biceps too. If you do a wide overhand grip, it will work more of your back muscles and really focus on those lats.

Oh yeah, for some people handstand push-ups are easy, but for other they are completely impossible, give it a shot though, if you are in decent shape and have a little bit of balance you will be able to do them. Blood will rush to your head, and after like 10 or 15 of them you will probably get dizzy and your head will hurt, this is ok. Oh yeah, don't expect to be able to do 10 or 15 right away, start off with 3 or 4. Another kind of push-up you can do is an incline push-up. Do a push up, except have your feet elevated on the edge of a chair or bed or something.

Those are a couple exercises that should hold you off untill you get your gym membership, it will also prepare your body for heavy lifting. There are a lot of weight lifting sites that can help you if you have any more questions about lifting. Good luck getting huge!

Last edited by pocketrocket123; 12-26-2004 at 10:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #3

MikeDurrant HB User

Thanks alot man

Old 12-27-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
Inactive

pocketrocket123 HB User

No prob chief.

Closed Thread