It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #1

MilkNWheat HB User
Pink Eye - HELP!!

Ok here is my deal....I never had pink eye in my life then all the sudden back in May (7 months ago) a co worker came to work and had pink eye 2 weeks later I GOT IT! Could I have gotten it from her two weeks later? To top it off I got it 5 months later after that time and again NOW I have it!

1) How long is this "active" to where I can get it after it's been left behind by someone who was touching their eyes then a doornob or fax machine etc.

2) Once you get it are you more likely to keep getting it?

3) WHY ME!!!! ha! I'm so fustrated!!!

4) Why is no one around me getting it and I'm the only one!

I do wear contacts and I do throw them along with the contacts case OUT each time I've gotten pink eye and I do the drops the doc gave me 4 times a day I wash the pillow cases each day and wash my hands a million times a day as well as keep wiping my eyes with cotton balls that I ran under warm water. So what's my deal? Why does this happen to me now all the time? I miss so much work because of it. My boss makes me stay home when I get it so I don't spread it!

!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 01:43 AM   #2
(female)

Erika2610 HB User
Re: Pink Eye - HELP!!

You likely might've gotten it from her. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY contagious. Nobody around you is getting it when you have it because you are apparently more sanitary than them.. washing our hands all the time, etc. There is nothing you can do to not get it.. it's just ridiculously contagious. And as far as how long it's active... I'm not sure. All I know is how it's transmitted is if the person with pinkeye touches his or her eye.. touches a dorrknob or whatever, and then ou touch the same thing they did and then touch your eye.. you got pinkeye. So if the pinkeye infected person touches anything, if you touch it.. wash your hands right away..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 07:11 AM   #3

MilkNWheat HB User

I must have got it from somewhere in public because no one around me now has it! I'm just so upset and furstrated!

Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-28-2004, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

I had pinkeye 3 times in about 5 months one time. I had a 2 year old at the time and she never got it, neither did anyone else around me. Finally my doc referred me to an opthamologist, who said he suspected my pinkeye was a secondary reaction to an infection in my body somewhere. He thought maybe kidneys. He put me on a course of antibiotics and I never got pinkeye again! There are also 2 types of pinkeye, viral and bacterial, I cannot remember which kind I supposedly had.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

It's a quick cure with antibiotic eyedrops...
Make sure you keep yourself secluded for a couple days. Your dearest friends and coworkers may not want to SHARE. It's HIGHLY contagious.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

To be on the safe side, you should have yourself checked for chlamydia. Alot of people have no symptoms with chlamydia and one of the indicators is recurrent pinkeye. Strange but true!!!

Old 12-28-2004, 11:33 AM   #7

MilkNWheat HB User

I just got back from the eye doctor. He gave me an RX for drops that are antibiotics with a steriod in them to kill the infiection and clear up the redness. He said 7 days for the dops no contacts and I have to go back for a check up on Thursday!

Grrrr

Closed Thread