It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #1
(male)

changeisbad1 HB User
Tailbone, bump, but no pain

I have a bump at where my butt crack starts, it doesnt hurt, no discolor, or anything, its just a bump, i dont know when it formed but i've had it over a year. its just a bump, instead of a crack, big enough to notice that theres something wrong. It only hurts if put pressure on it, like any bone, i can lay down flat without it hitting the bump, the bump feels like its my bone, just it stands out and it only hurts when i lay down flat on my back.Anyone with any ideas of what this is, or could be. Please tell me or direct me, to what i should do.

thanks

Old 01-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Tailbone, bump, but no pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeisbad1
I have a bump at where my butt crack starts, it doesnt hurt, no discolor, or anything, its just a bump, i dont know when it formed but i've had it over a year. its just a bump, instead of a crack, big enough to notice that theres something wrong. It only hurts if put pressure on it, like any bone, i can lay down flat without it hitting the bump, the bump feels like its my bone, just it stands out and it only hurts when i lay down flat on my back.Anyone with any ideas of what this is, or could be. Please tell me or direct me, to what i should do.

thanks
Are you of Mediterranean descent??? Sounds as if you may have the beginning of what they call a pylinodal cyst in which an ingrown hair becomes infected deep within the area you describe and slowly over time grows becoming very painful. Most times they have to be drained or surgically removed....so I would recommend keeping a close eye on it and if it gets bigger or more painful bring it to the attention to your MD. Warm soaks/bathes may help bring it to a head before it gets to be a bigger problem but like I said, most times it needs to be surgically taken care of. Good luck....Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
(male)

changeisbad1 HB User

I have read on that before, I dont believe this is a pylinodal cyst because i have barely any hair there, im not a hairy person at all. Can a pylinodal cyst still devlope without the hair factor?... and if it isnt a pylinodal cyst, could it be anything else? lets stick to the cyst idea first. im still wodnering if it is or not.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

You may not necessarily see the hair that becomes ingrown. We all have hair follicles and light hair covering most of our body that isn't necesarily seen by the eye except upon close observation. So it is posssible to have an ingrown hair without necessarily being a hairy person. Of course this is just a mere guess on my part just by the location and description you give here and from experience of knowing someone who had similar findings and ended up with the type of cyst I described. the only sure way to know is to have it looked at by your physician......Goody

Old 01-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
(male)

changeisbad1 HB User

--------------> miss post---> check next page

Last edited by changeisbad1; 01-24-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
(male)

changeisbad1 HB User

Acually i found a couple pics of them, .. jsut to let you know, mine is rock hard, and not red or any color it seems like my bone is too far out?.. fi you dont know good2shuz.. anyone else know? or do you know anyone else that would? im avoiding the phsycian right now, because it doesnt hurt, and ive had it over a year .. maybe 2-3 acually

Closed Thread