It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

sillyone22 HB User
lump in neck, above collar bone

Hi, I wasn't sure which board to post this in. I'm 22 years old and about a year ago discovered a lump/knot or something in my neck above my collar bone. At the time my mom just said it was probably a swollen lymph node or something and that it'd go away. But it hasn't. I dont even know how long it's been there, maybe it's always been there and I never knew it until a year ago. I keep telling myself it's probably absolutely nothing and a doc would think I was being silly, but then I start getting really worried anyway. Plus I have absolutely no medical insurance at the moment. Could someone give me some advice? Anybody else ever had anything like this? Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: lump in neck, above collar bone

welcome to the board

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
(male)

ryan24 HB User

It probley is a swollen lymph node and I have had one for little more then a year now. I have one right under my chin and I found that vitem C seems to keep it down or makes it go away for a bit. I take vitem C vitems and seems to help. I also know a lady who has had one most her life she had said. I hope one day its just gone, but who knows. I went to the doctors and they did some blood work and found nothing wrong and gave me some pills that didnt really work. I also dont have insurnce so I couldnt go back. Someone on here gave me the Vitem C idea and has seemed to work the best. I would say just goto the doctors and make sure and see what he says. Good Luck.

P.s. I also found back when I was super worried about it and stressed It would get larger. So I do feel like Stress can cause them to raise. I also think Stress can lead to them, but thats my own thought. ALso DOnt touch it!!!

Old 01-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
(male)

hallmatt HB User

I'd recommend seeing a Dr.

Search Healthboards.com for: "lump above collar bone"

Not to scare you, but here's a recent thread:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=225198&highlight=lump+c ollar+bone

Old 01-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #5
(female)

sillyone22 HB User

Um thank you for the link. Was very helpful, though I am now officially terrified. Guess I need to be getting to the doc soon. We'll see what happens. Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #6

washee HB User

Has it changed in size? Sounds like it could be a lipoma,which for the most part are harmless.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

luv2read HB User

Have you gone to the dr's yet? I don't want to scare you, and it may not be what you have....but, when my brother was 19 yrs old he developed a lump under his armpit. Went to the dr's. Found another lump above collar bone. Turned out to be non-hodgkins lymphoma.

Please have it checked out. Like I said, It may not be what my brother had, but you don't want to mess around with lumps in that area.

Just wanted to add that my brother is healthy and 37 yrs old now!!
He was treated at the Cleveland Clinic and they did a wonderful job!!

Last edited by luv2read; 01-29-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

It could be a sebasious (sp) cyst. My husband had one and had a plastic surgeon remove it. He had his for years but I would go see a doc or even a Dermatologist.

Closed Thread