It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

Tina P HB User
Uneven Skull

I'm just wondering...I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and have now taken to constantly feeling my head for any unusual lumps and bumps or whatever.

I noticed that the back of my skull is uneven......the left side of my skull dents in slightly whereas the right side seems to protrude slightly....i wouldn't call this a lump as such but more of a sort of, erm...contour. Is this normal?! Are people's skulls always even on both sides.....I was basically feeling my skull for symmetry.....my skull ain't symmetrical

Please reply....

Old 02-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: Uneven Skull

Oh yeah this is normal. I have a dent at the top of my head. It kinda sinks in as I call it not a lot but if I ever lost my hair I would be seriously funny looking. My poor momma. She said she lost hours of sleep cause she constantly had to get up and turn my off my right side. No matter how much she turned me over in less than 30 min I would turn back and sleep on my right side. She was a nervous wreck thinking I my face was gonna be flat. She said she use to sit me in the tub and poor water over my head for hours hoping that it would help even out my head. I guess the combo of her turning me and pouring the water did it. I have a few dents in my head but none that anyone would ever know by looking at me.

Jenteal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 02:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

No one's body is symmetrical. If you took a picture of yourself and cut it in half and duplicated and flipped over each half, and then pieced them together... you would see you would look totally different with 2 left 1/2's being put together, and 2 right 1/2's being put together. The same goes for our arms, legs, breasts, feet.

I wouldn't worry about your skull. If your skull were exactly the same on each side you would be in the medical history books as an anomaly

Old 02-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
(female)

Tina P HB User

Thanks for the replies.......theres one other thing I forgot to mention, it worries me more. I have a small knot on the back of my skull (at the very back of my head, but slightly towards the right)....like a hard lump, but its feels like its part of my skull, erm I noticed it way over a year ago, and its not changed at all. It could have been something taht was always there but I just dont know. As i said it worries me a lot, but hasn't caused me any problems. I'm convinced I have cancer, but I'm too scared to go to the doctors about it. My Mom insists I'm just being silly about it; she thinks its harmless. Should I chill out a little, or be worried?!

Old 02-22-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
(male)

2speek2 HB User

tina i have the exact same thing goin on with my head sort of dipping a bit on the right side and protruding a little bit on the left. i am also always feeling my head and always looking at bald peoples heads to see if mine is like theres at all lol. i also have a little thing at the very back of my skull sort of feels like a tail or something cant explain.

Closed Thread