It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 05:14 AM   #1
(male)

TheTwo^Pigeons HB User
constant nose bleeds?

hi im fifteen and i keep getting constant nose bleeds, they stop for 1/2 hour then some blood comes out again, it only comes from ther left nostril so dies this make sure that it cant be a tumour or soming but probably a broken blood vessel, i have cold and i am blowing my nose all the time but have u got any suggestions? thanks

Old 02-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: constant nose bleeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwo^Pigeons
hi im fifteen and i keep getting constant nose bleeds, they stop for 1/2 hour then some blood comes out again, it only comes from ther left nostril so dies this make sure that it cant be a tumour or soming but probably a broken blood vessel, i have cold and i am blowing my nose all the time but have u got any suggestions? thanks

Constant nose bleeds can be an indication of something serious, but since you have a cold, it's probably just cold-related trauma. Be sure to keep your nose moist with a saline spray (such as Ocean spray). Dryness can make you prone to nose bleeds.

Also, take care when blowing your nose. Although it may feel like you need to blow really hard, this often doesn't help, and will just aggrevate the nose bleeds. Use a nasal decongestant to help loosen things up, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
(male)

cmw HB User

I agree with the above. If you mean "constant" as in round the clock nose bleeds, I'd get it checked out. Although winter time is a common time of year for nose bleeds with the dry air in most homes. My kids and I get them on occassion during this time of year.

Old 02-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
(male)

TheTwo^Pigeons HB User

ok it stopped for about 3 hours but now its started again pplz help im getting really worried that it could be serious
plz help, i got a bad cold and i might of picked my nose to get snot out a bit earlier which might of caused??? it i dont feel well, well nothing abnormal to what ive fealt before.
am i going to die cause of this?? plz help

p.s one more thing my dad often gets nosebleeds not as much as me but pretty often cos it be inherited weak blood vessel?

Last edited by TheTwo^Pigeons; 02-12-2005 at 03:06 PM.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
(male)

cmw HB User

Sounds as if you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Try and stay calm and let us know how things are going. Part of me wonders if you're picking at something that shouldn't be picked or sticking your finger too far up and aggravating your sinuses.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #6
(male)

TheTwo^Pigeons HB User

cmw my dad just told me that him and his grandfather both had a weak blood vessel in their nose so i think it might of passed onto me as they used to get lots of nose bleeds. and i just havnt really had this before so its just starting today

Closed Thread