It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

faye_smith HB User
Exclamation little lump on inner thigh at the top -- help?

Hi... i'm female and 15 years of age (if you need to know )

I just saw this last night, I had a little lump on my inner thigh right at the top of my left leg near my vagina, but not on it. It hurts just a little touching it, well, it doesn't hurt hurt, but I can feel it. And I can feel it slightly when I walk...
I sit down a lot at my computer... could it be some kind of 'bed sore'?

Does anyone know what it is? or have something like it?

I'm a bit reluctant about telling my mum or going to the doctors, because of where it is... this stuff easily embarrasses me My mind keeps saying 'tumor' and it really scares me.

Edit: I've been reading round, could it be a Cyst? -- If so, is it ok just to leave it, or something?

Last edited by faye_smith; 03-23-2005 at 12:38 PM. Reason: made it a little more detailed

Old 03-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
(female)

faye_smith HB User
Re: little lump on inner thigh at the top

Please, someone help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
(female)

mambi HB User

I've had something which sounds similar. is it red?
I had about 2 and they ended up being cysts (which i was REALLY freaked about!) and i went on a course of anti-biotics to help them go away.
I would see your doctor, i know you are embarrassed. I am not that much older than you and im kind of over it now.
Just think, he's probably seen thousands of vaginas in his life and i dont think yours will be a big celebration or anything =) just relax. remember, you will SO much better when you know what it is.

Dont fret! im sure its nothing, but get it checked to be on the safe side =)

Old 03-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
(male)

Peter0690 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambi
I've had something which sounds similar. is it red?
I had about 2 and they ended up being cysts (which i was REALLY freaked about!) and i went on a course of anti-biotics to help them go away.
I would see your doctor, i know you are embarrassed. I am not that much older than you and im kind of over it now.
Just think, he's probably seen thousands of vaginas in his life and i dont think yours will be a big celebration or anything =) just relax. remember, you will SO much better when you know what it is.

Dont fret! im sure its nothing, but get it checked to be on the safe side =)
Pretty sure its a lymph node nothing to worry about but get checked out just to be sure

Old 03-25-2005, 03:06 AM   #5
(female)

faye_smith HB User
Exclamation Re: little lump on inner thigh at the top

It's slightly red.

If it is a lymph node, do you know if I can put anything I might have around the house on it, to make it go back to normal?

Could it be caused by Ibuprofen? Because I had one the other day for the first time for a headache (unrelated), and then that comes... but I had one last night to see if it'd help and now it kinda hurts. Do you think it's a reaction to it?

Last edited by faye_smith; 03-25-2005 at 03:55 AM.

Old 03-25-2005, 04:03 AM   #6
(female)

faye_smith HB User

I'll tell my mum in the morning I guess... I think it's a bit bigger, feels like there's fluid in it maybe.

Last edited by faye_smith; 03-25-2005 at 10:08 AM.

Old 03-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
(female)

faye_smith HB User

I put some Arnica Gel on it (suppose to be a natural healer) and now it doesn't hurt, it's soft now... and it actually burst a little bit, I dunno if that's ok ? feels fine

I put some Teatree Oil on it to stop an infection or something.

Last edited by faye_smith; 07-22-2005 at 02:33 PM.

Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #8
(female)

faye_smith HB User

it's been a few months now, it's still fine and hasn't come back

Old 07-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #9
(male)

dakels HB User

I'm glad the problem has gone away. Just for future reference, you should always be careful when dealing with what could be an infecetion, especially around the area of your vagina. Infections in and around that are can have VERY serious effects on your health and reproductive system. Don't ever be afraid to talk to your parents about it and consult a physician. They are there to help you. Don't worry about being embarrased. Like mambi said, the doctor has seen a thousand before will see a thousand after you. Nothing to be nervous about. Besides looking at a bump at your inner thigh is nothing like a Gyno exam anyways. :P Be comfortable with you body and know the physician is there to help you in a professional manner. If it makes you feel better you can always get a woman physician too. Just don't ever let embarrasment interfere with your health.

Last edited by dakels; 07-22-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Closed Thread