It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
(male)

Boofy17 HB User
Z-Packs and Alcohol

Hey guys and gals. I just walked into a walk in clinic today, and the doctor looked at me for about 10 seconds and said I had pharyngitis and bronchitis, even though I have been feeling much better recently, and decided to put me on a Z-Pack. For one, I don't even know if I want to take it because I seem to be getting better on my own, and for 2, if I do decide to go on it, can I still drink alcohol? Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Old 03-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
(female)

gnote HB User
Re: Z-Packs and Alcohol

No, you really shouldn't drink. It ruins the effectiveness of antibiotics. You'll just have to suffer it out. I know it's hard. I always feel upset about having to forgo the wine or whatever when taking them, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
(male)

Boofy17 HB User

Alright, so right after the 5 days can I start drinking again?

Old 03-24-2005, 06:35 AM   #4
(female)

gnote HB User

I wouldn't drink right after your last pill. You should wait a day or at least a half a day. Don't worry, it will be over before soon enough. At least Z-pak is shorter than the standard antibiotics.

I just realized that I didn't answer your first question/concern about not being sure if you should get better on your own. Considering you have a bacterial infection, I think it would be safer to take the antibiotic to be sure you completely kill it. I normally don't rush into taking antibiotics either, because I'm allergic to so many. You'd be surprised how doctors will still give you a prescription when you likely have a virus (which aren't affected by antibiotics) just because they think you want it.

Go get better!

Old 03-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
(male)

Boofy17 HB User

Haha this is terrible for me because it is spring break ahhhh!!!! Oh well, I started it last night, so I should be taking my last pill on Sunday, meaning I shall be drinking monday night, hopefully! I swear I am not an alcoholic! Thanks for your help.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:48 PM   #6
(male)

Boofy17 HB User

Ok guys new question, I took my last pill today at about 3, how long should I wait until I can drink again?

Closed Thread