It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
(male)

ohioguy HB User
Question Sunburn and tiny bumps on your neck

I had a pretty bad sunburn not too long ago, I think the back of my neck got the worst of it because sores also came with it. I didn't change the kind of shirt I wore until well after it. I did work landscaping that day..so I don't know if it was a kind of plant that may have done it, but I'm sure I would have had it elsewhere, which I don't.

Now to describe the bumps.. they don't hurt anymore, but when they did it was only when they were touched. They don't hurt anymore really, but if I play with it much they bleed, maybe 5-6 in a small bunch there on my neck, right where my hairline is on the back of my neck. They are almost like blisters, but not clear and white at top, no coloration really. Also they dont actually itch much.

Can someone tell me what it might be, from what I've described? Maybe you need more info - ask away. I just want to figure out what it is and maybe how to get them off.

Maybe I should mention I'm only 20 yrs. old

Last edited by ohioguy; 04-04-2005 at 07:32 AM.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB Usercookiepls HB User
Re: Sunburn and tiny bumps on your neck

Welcome ohioguy,
I would certainly see a doctor if they don't go away within a reasonable amount of time, but from what you've described, it sounds like sunburn blisters. I've had them before and they usually start to peel in a few days. You need to be using a good sunscreen (and lots of it) when you're working outdoors. It's important to re-apply it as you sweat it off. It'll sure save you some pain. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Sounds like what I had last year, only they didn't bleed - are they just oozing blood or are you squeezing them?? I had them on my upper chest and top of shoulders! They lasted several days.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
(female)

lakelog HB User

Sounds like it could be sun poison which is very similar to what has been mentioned. Extra sun screen prevents it in most cases but to help you rid of it now, aloe works well but Gold Bond powders are super for it.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
(male)

ohioguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlover
Sounds like what I had last year, only they didn't bleed - are they just oozing blood or are you squeezing them?? I had them on my upper chest and top of shoulders! They lasted several days.

They are gone now, but when I would scratch them without noticing sometimes I would touch it to see if it was bleeding and it would be.

Closed Thread