It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

pghprincesse HB User
Unhappy What could be causing being lightheaded?

Hi everyone I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas about something or tell me if you've ever had this experience.

First of all, I'm 38 years old. I have asthma, anxiety, sinus problems and am going through a depression. For the last 4 days, I've been having these "spells" of lightheadedness. I'm not necessarily dizzy, but just have this "high" feeling and it usually happens later in the day; however, it did happen first thing Saturday morning when I got up and went to breakfast with my husband. Like right now, I am feeling kind of spacey. And I have a headache. I'm thinking it is my sinuses only because of the pressure in the sinus cavity area. It all goes away at night when I'm lying down, but then starts again after I've been up for awhile when I get up in the morning. I don't know what to do, because I can't do any inhalation techniques due to my asthma...but I have this stuff called "OCEAN" which is a saline spray. I guess my thing is...I don't like this feeling. As I am a person who worries about everything...I'm worried that this is like a tumor or something in my brain...

I don't have any other symptoms...except for a small headache, my nose is bloody (dried) and sneezing off and on. But not like a "cold"...

can anyone tell me if they've experienced this and what they've been told??

Thank you so much

Old 04-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
(female)

sahaira HB User
Re: What could be causing being lightheaded?

I am lightheaded all day everyday and it is b/c of anxiety. I will get pressure in my head and my ears will clog up for no reason! The only other time that I was extremely light headed was when I was anemic. I would get light headed in the afternoon once my energy level dropped.

What you have will probably go away but maybe taking it easy for a few days would help -good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

smithn HB User

Sinus problems can certainly result in your feeling dizzy or lightheaded. Have you ever had a consult with an ear, nose and throat physician? You should. Especially if this is something that is not passing. Please do not use inhalers or sprays. They will cause swelling of your nasal membranes and you will have more problems that you started out with. Also, they are addicting. Once you start using them on a regular basis, you soon acquire the feeling of not being able to live without the way that they make your nose feel. You will feel as though you can't breathe right without them. Make an appt. with the ENT and you might find a good answer.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Anxiety may be causing you to hyperventilate and you don't relaize it. When you take shallow short breaths too much carbon dioxide is blown off. There needs to be a balance of carbon dioxide in order for the red carpusles to release oxygen to vital organs. Oxygen deprivation to vital organs will cause a light head. Try taking deep breaths and slow exhales and see if that helps.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
(female)

pghprincesse HB User

Thank you all see, I'm thinking it's sinuses and could be the anxiety...but my sinus cavity is hurting and it only seems to really happen mainly in the evening...of course, the weather here has been hell But my anxiety has been there too. As for the vitamins...yep, I just started taking some!!! hehehe...been taking them for almost a week now My herbalist told me to do that too. I DO have some sinus stuff that is homeopathic and I'm not sure if I should take it or not. The ocean stuff seems to make it moist like you said...and the weird thing is...it's not dizziness, but like a lightheaded, spacey kind of feeling...and I HATE IT! I mean, I've had this happen before...but it's been awhile...and I can't remember what it was... I thought it was my sinuses ...all I can do is just try some suggestions Thank you all for your help!

Closed Thread