It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #1

spankey73 HB User
Facial brusing due to vomiting strain???

I had a mile case of food poisining this week and although I only vomited once, it was very painful and my face was strained like crazy. At one point it felt like I was seeing stars... If you know what that feels like... Not good.. I then proceeded to brush my teeth after the fiasco and looked in the mirror and almost fainted!!! My face looked like it was bleeding everywhere? Like there was blood in every pore? Now it looks like a day after like I was in a car wreck.. My face looks bruised? What could this be from? My eyes are sore and I can hardly move them around... Can anyone define what has happened to me.. I went to work and they sent me home.. They said I looked like the walking dead...LOL....But any rate.. This has happened to me before about 10 years ago.. Again, another vomiting strain? Is this normal? No one I talked to has ever heard of nor seen anything like this before?

Thanks for your feedback...

Spankey73

Old 04-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User
Re: Facial brusing due to vomiting strain???

I had pancreatitis in 1978 caused by a malfunctioning gall bladder..

I vomited only three times, but it was violent vomiting, and the strain left my face in a mess similar to that you describe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User

wow I could have almost wrote your post. I was say its normal. I also had a mild case of food poisoning this week except I threw up about 5 times and my face also looked kinda bruised. My mom had this about a yr ago and the ER doc told her its just the strain from vomiting that breaks the tiny blood vessels in your face and causes it to look like that. No cause for concern or anything and should go away within a few days. Mine did about two days later it was fine....

Old 04-24-2005, 02:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

The same sort of thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I'm pregnant and have been suffering with severe sickness and dehydration (Hyperemesis Graviadrum). My husband rushed me to the hospital where I was admitted and continued to have horrible vomiting all night. The next morning I looked like I had been in a boxing match..and lost! Blood vessels had burst in and around my eyes as well as down the front of my neck. My whole face looked swollen and bruised. I also had bruises around my rib cage.

The nurses told me not worry about it and within a few days most of it had cleared up and after a week it was gone completely.

Take care!

Old 04-24-2005, 03:57 AM   #5

spankey73 HB User

Thanks guys-

Sorry to hear others are feeling this as well. Now I Feel a tad better.. What I mean is my stomach that is. NOT that others are having this as well.. LOL.. Sorry for that..

The only thing that worries me is my EYES are bloody as well? The eye lid if you pull it down is blood red and the blood vessels in the white of the eye still gets worse as the days go on.. Yesterday I had a tad bit of blood on the white of the eye on the sides.. Today its closer to the color part of the eye.. It gets worse and NOT better? Could I have popped a vessel maybee? Should I go to the hospital? I mean it doesn't hurt or anything.. But about a day after the sickness, My eyes were so sore I could hardly move them around...Nor rub them... Should I be concerned about the blood on the eyes? My face looks 100% better..

Sorry to hear about all of you being sick.. I hate this and wish this on NO ONE!!!

THanks for the replies?
Spankey

Old 04-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

You would be wise to see an eye physician.

Old 04-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie55
You would be wise to see an eye physician.
I'll second that, any time there is damage to any part of your eye you should have it looked at. I have also had blood vessels burst on the surface of the whites of my eyes from throwing up as well.

Closed Thread