It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

inst1gater HB User
Bizzare! Goose Bumps on Right Leg

O.k. This is too weird! This started on Wednesday, I was at work and I noticed that my right leg kept on getting goose bumps every 20 minutes or so. It lasts for about 30 seconds and you can visually see goosebumps on my right leg! Well, I thought to myself, maybe my jeans are on too tight and it will go away when I get home and change, but nothing! I still would get it about once every half hour. I told my husband and I showed him my leg and he just said: Welcome to getting old! I'm 28 by the way and this is so strange. It doesn't hurt at all or anything. It just feels like I have pin *****s, like when your leg gets numb all over my leg for about 30 seconds at a time. On Thursday, I made an appointment with my doctor but then it went away for a few hours so I felt kind of silly so I cancelled it, then it started up again. It's so strange. I wonder if they could be partial seizures or something in my brain or if it could be a spinal cord thing, but I would associate a spinal cord injury with Pain. I had it all day yesterday but today I only had a few in the morning. I've been fine for hours.

If anyone has ever experienced goose bumps on just one side of their body or has any idea what this could be please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited by inst1gater; 04-23-2005 at 02:49 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to inst1gater For This Useful Post:
SusanMK (11-17-2011)
Old 04-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Bizzare! Goose Bumps on Right Leg

Sounds like some stimuli is triggering the sympathetic nervous system to cause the contraction of muscles that cause hair follicles to raise up. The sympathetic nervous system can do strange things and it is involuntary.

Stress, worry, fear, excitment, etc. may be the cause. Of course being cold will cause goose bumps also, body's way of conserving heat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
(female)

inst1gater HB User

Thanks for the reply Marie55. It didn't happen much yesterday. Maybe it is stress even though I am not really stressed at work. I do get stressed during the week about having too much to do. I work full time and have a 1 year old! It can get overwhelming some times. I'm lucky though that my husband helps out so much!

I did notice something on my upper right thigh. I found a black bruise that I must have gotten from hitting the footboard of my bed. I wonder if I could have temporarily damaged some nerve going to my right leg. I always hit that darn footboard but maybe by cooincidence I just hit myself in a bad spot!

I'm just so happy that it's not as frequent as it was during the week. Yesterday it only happened a handful of times and so far today once but it didn't last very long. Just about 2 seconds.

Last edited by inst1gater; 04-24-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Sure sounds like stress could be your problem. You are lucky your husband helps out a lot.

Remember, when both husband and wife work, the work on homefront should be split even 50-50 down the middle. I was a stay at home mom and I did everything except go to work and bring home the paycheck while hubby watched tv, read newspaper, waited to be called to the table for meals. Back then most men thought the woman did everything else. Raising 5 kids was not easy, no time for me at all. Today men are helping with children more.

Old 04-25-2005, 06:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I was going to mention the SNS too as as a possible culprit here.I actually have a rather significantly damaged SNS due to an invasive surgery done on the inside of my spinal cord.Goosebumps appearing at strange times is just one of many strange and bizarre symptoms that I have to deal with.The SNS damage also caused an excruciating condition to develop in my R knee and down through my foot called RSD.The sympathetic ganglia actually have like a sort of "junction box"? type thing at the C 8 nerve level but the ganglia also runs along the outside,and down both sides of the vertebral column pretty much down the entire length.There really could be any number of possibilities here that could possibly be affecting the SNS. if this persists or gets more pronounced or followed by more symptoms, i would get to your primary and ask to have an MRI done of the entire spinal column just to get this process started.it could be something relatively minor or something a little more serious.either way here, there really does appear to be something affecting your SNS somewhere down the line.please keep us posted on what you find out.FB

Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
(female)

pandy123 HB User

I'm having the same issue. (Goosebumps on my right leg) Did you ever find out what triggered the goosebumps on your leg? Did they go away on their own?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Closed Thread