It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User
Dermatitis On Nose

I have this on my nose, like in the folds. I have no idea how I got it, just that a few years ago after I started getting some acne, it came. I'm on this cream from the derm, but with others how have you gotten rid of this? It's really depressing. They say it can never go away, but I'm not buying that garbage, since I never had it before a few years ago. This is like a nightmare and I want it gone. I'm looking for other's who have it and advice.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #2
(female)

desertflower HB User
Re: Dermatitis On Nose

Ngfan,

Sounds like you have Perioral Dermatitis. If it is in the folds of your nose, around the sides etc, I am almost positive that is what it is. Does it itch? I had something like it a long time ago and went to the dermatologist and he prescribed Tetracycline antibiotics for it. It cleared it right up. I also used Non-scented Dove soap on my face which he said would be good for it. After a short time it went away. Good luck.

DF

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

Yes, that's what it is. Sometimes it itches. He gave me some prescribed cream. He said since I'm pale it will never go away. That's a bunch of BS, I never had this before I got acne and started doing things to my skin a lot. I swear it's from years ago when I rubbed nothing but alcohol on my skin to get rid of pimples. It's depressing and upsets me. I keep rubbing the stuff in my skin, but it doesn't take it fully away.

I use a non soap face cleanser, and I know to moisturize and stuff, but there has to be something for this.

Last edited by Ngfan4lyfe; 05-07-2005 at 07:48 PM.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

I either have what you said, or this Seborrheic dermatitis..... It's either one. The one you said is more common with females, and this is more common with males. He gabe me prescription for Ketoconazole cream 2% and I've been using that but don't see a difference really. I'm thinking it could be from anything in the past few years. I'm also thinking about going on multi vitamins again or something anything to get rid of this.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
(male)

irotas HB User

I have been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for a few years myself, and I've found that scrubbing the affected area with Head & Shoulders or Nizoral (yes, the shampoo's!) has been consistently effective. If you look at the active ingredients, they're the same as the prescription creams.

However, if I don't use the shampoo on my nose for a couple days, the dermatitis comes back. My doctor also told me this would continue for the rest of my life. It's been the same for about 4 years now, and shows no sign of going away. Just another thing to have to deal with regularly ...

Old 05-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
(male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

This is crazy. I can't believe i will be stuck with this for the rest of my life. I'm hoping to change it and make it go away some how though. I've started to use warm or cold water to wash my face with. I'm also going to be less harsh on my face with things. I think that's what brought it about. I have no diseases that i'm aware of, so that can't be it. I also had really bad depression and stress and anxiety for a long while, which I know didn't help as I've read.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #7
(male)

irotas HB User

As an alternative approach, you might address the inflammation issues resulting in the various "-itis" disears (such as dermatitis).

A couple *excellent* books are:
- "The Inflammation Syndrome : The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies, and Asthma" by Jack Challem
- "The Anti-Inflammation Zone : Reversing the Silent Epidemic That's Destroying Our Health" by Barry Sears

-Adam

Old 05-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

I had a bad case of seborrheic dermatitis on my face several years ago. Nothing the doctor gave me worked and I ended up in the dermatologists office. He prescribed for me a lotion called "Aquacort", and the problem resolved itself quite quickly. It has also never come back.

My sister recently had a bout of what was thought to be seborrheic dermatitis and the stuff the doctor gave her didn't work AT ALL. It turns out she had rosacea instead! With the correct treatment she is now fine.

Closed Thread