It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

gdaddy HB User
muscle weakness prickly feeling fatigue..dont know what to think!

I am a 39 year old female. I have many symptoms that seem to be increasing daily. in janary i caught a cold and experienced soreness under my ribs and in my back for several days after the cold symptoms were gone..went to the doctor to check for pneumonia, xray came back clear with the exception of possible gas. Nothing major was experienced again until the first week of april. I felt drained. every day after work i came home and went to bed. my symptoms were soreness under rib cage, tightness in chest, tingling over entire body, major muscle spasms under right shoulder blade, cold feeling in mouth even when I hadn't drank anything cold and fatigue, little coughing. Called the doctor, the nurse said it sounded like my body was fighting off a virus. Two weeks ago, the tingling and prickly feeling came back all over my body. in addition, I don't have much of an appetite. can't sleep at night and have lost 3-5 pounds. I have been eating a good lunch and usually not hungry for dinner. I went back to the doctor friday before last. I told her of my symptoms in addition to sleepless nights and increasing weakness in my arms and legs. She orded and MRI which I had last Tuesday. I called her back on Thursday with the additional symptom of tightness in my neck and having difficulty swallowing. I was told that as long as I could swallow and breath to not be concerned. This past friday(two days ago) I came home from work extremely weak and tired. I work in the office of an elementary school and do not perform exausting task that would make me feel that way. My symptoms this weekend has been extreme fatigue, tingling throughout body, tired feeling in muscles both arms and legs, twitching in calves and the feeling that they are going to cramp up but they never do. The MRI came back as it did two years ago (then I had numbness and tingling in my arm and legs. I had a nerve test done as well. The results were herniated disks in #5 and #6 vertibre then) The current MRI showed the same results as two years ago but I only had my neck and shoulders evaluated. I also have a feeling of nervousness which is very unusual for me. There is not major stess in my life that could be causing this and I have never have any major illnesses. don't know what to think...each day there seems to be something different going on...I know it's my body's way of letting me know that something is wrong. I have a follow up appt with my primary physician in June but have made up my mind that I am going to call back this week and ask to be seen by whoever is available. My breathing does not seem to be affected. It seems more like some type of neurological problem to me. What tests should I ask be done other than blood work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: muscle weakness prickly feeling fatigue..dont know what to think!

Any other symptoms like weight gain/loss, anxiety, fast pulse, morning back pain that goes away during the day?

Old 05-15-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
(female)

gdaddy HB User
Re: muscle weakness prickly feeling fatigue..dont know what to think!

I have lost about 3-5 lbs over the last couple of weeks. My pulse is not fast, no anxiety, some back soreness but not constant back pain

Closed Thread