It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

grandpapa HB User
How do I get my teeth to stop moving?

I've had orthodotia for as far back as I can remember. Years and years of painful and expensive metail devices in my mouth. For a while it seemed like everything was going to be fine, I'd get my braces off, have another retainer for a few months and then I'd be perfect.

I'm not so lucky.

The retainer is making my teeth worse than they were when in the beginnning. My two front teeth are pointed foward, my left one on top of my right one. The whole of my upper left side is arched while the right side is straight. My lower left has slanted itself towards my gums, and the right side isn't too far from the same. None of my teeth are anatomically where they are supposed to be, they are all too foward or too backward.

I can't do anything about my lower teeth, or really any of my upper except for the two front teeth which I can move because I don't have incisors [the reason I got all this orthodotia in the first place]. Every few hours they move back to where they were because of the retainer.

The retainer is horribly mishapen, it has ridges and the porcelein incisors are one higher than the other, the left one being almost untouchable by my tounge and foward, the other one being leaning in towards the back of my mouth and lower. The bottom one had spaces before my teeth moved into them.

When I asked my orthodontist he told me [and I qoute] 'Teeth are supposed to be a little crooked'. He kept repeating it over and over every time I came back with a problem. The fact that he never wanted to fix anything means that he's had this problem before with other people.

I've tried many times to convince my mother to sue him, she keeps refusing, and I can't do it because I'm under eighteen and don't have the money for a lawyer.

I don't know if there is anything I can do about it. It's probably going to cost us more pain and money to redo everything over again.

Any help is appreciated.

-grandpa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: How do I get my teeth to stop moving?

You need to get a second opinion from another orthodonist. This does not sound normal, you probably got a botched job.

Closed Thread