It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

dollypop HB User
Why is my nose always plugged up?

It seems like my nose is always plugged up. It has been this way for a long time and I have no idea why. Does anyone have any ideas? I appreciate any help.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
(female)

WLH2005 HB User
Re: Why is my nose always plugged up?

I have the same problem and I am an avid user & believer of NASAL SPRAYS Like Afrin or if there is a Wal-Mart close 2 u Use there equate brands. Or check with your DR. About alergies!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Just to let you know OTC nasal sprays make it worse if used for more than the recommended dose. It's called rebound effect. My mother was addicted to them and hard to get off since nose is always plugged up. See your doctor or an ENT, you may have a deviated septum or just chronic inflammation. They can prescibe a steroid nasal spray to reduce the swelling.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I agree with asking your doctor about allergies. Do you live in a city? Hot summers make the pollution levels in the air go sky high. Also, if you live in the country near a field pollen and dust from the fields can make you very stuffy. I had that problem growing up in Ohio.

I also had a friend who had polyps on her sinuses that made her nose stuffy 24/7. She had to have them removed to clear her nasal passge out.

Nasal sprays are only a temporary solution. Like the previous poster said, eventually they stop working and can make things worse. See your doc.

Take care.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Allergies are bad this year.

You might check for food allergies if you haven't. Common ones are dairy, wheat, corn, soy, gluten, citrus (orange juice is especially bad), and anything processed and refined. Sugar and high-fructose corn syrup also.

Drink lots of water - room-temperature or chilled, but no ice. About half a gallon a day or more if you need it.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
(female)

dollypop HB User

Thank you everyone for your help and ideas. I really want to find a solution for this because I sing alot and I have to try hard sometimes to not sound nasal.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

oh i was having alot of problems with stuffy nose and swollen eyes. I was taking claritin, then allegra and it did nothing. FInally the allergist gave me a spray for the nose, nasocort nose spray and changed my tablets to singulair 10 mgs, and it has worked wonders!! i couldnt believe it. one tablet at night and i can sleep without a stuffy nose and can wake up the same. He made a face when i told him i was taking allegra as in it wasnt up to par i guess. hope it lasts. alot of these things work fine for a few weeks, then stop working.
qoh

Closed Thread