It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
(female)

davesgirl88 HB User
Unhappy Pain in side, fluid on ultrasound

I've had pain in my left side, and went to my GYN today. She did an ultrasound and said my right ovary had a small cyst, but nothing unusual. My left ovary had no cyst. The uterus looked OK, but she said she found fluid behind my uterus and decided to order a CT scan. As she looked further, she said there seemed to be something within the fluid, possibly a mass. Do any of you have any idea what this could be? I left the office calm, but now I'm starting to freak out because I'm wondering if this is something horrible. Any ideas?

Old 07-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #2

MaryJet HB User
Re: Pain in side, fluid on ultrasound

Hello there, I was reading your post and it sounded like what happened to me. I had a routine ultrasound and they found "something" next to my right ovary, next to my uterus, fluid also. They sent me for a CT scan, I was freaking by this time, and it showed that I have a pedunculated fibroid. This is a fibroid on the outside of the uterus attached by a stalk. I had never heard of this before. I went to a gyno and he said that it is fairly small so I could have it removed or I could just leave it alone and see what happens. I decided to leave it alone and have the growth monitored, I have no pain. Hope this helps!
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

davesgirl88 HB User

Thanks for answering. I'm hoping it turns out to be something like you suggested. I know I have a history of endometriosis, too, so I guess anything is possible.

I'm still having pain in my lower left side, kind of like a cross between an ache and a squeezing-type feeling. I've been taking Extra Strength Tylenol and Extra Strength Excedrin, but it really doesn't seem to be helping. It's getting pretty hard to find a position that's comfortable, and it doesn't help having to sit at my computer desk all day.

They've scheduled my CT scan for Tuesday afternoon.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #4

MaryJet HB User

If you have endo, it could be that, and I did hear that it can be very painful. A CT scan is great, it is a good test. I hope it all works out for you, maybe you can post after your test and let me know how it went.

Good Luck! Mary

Old 07-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I agree with the above posters....it could be endo as well as fibroid..I had both.

I want to add...if it can be removed, get it removed or scans/CAT regularly to make sure it's not growing/changing..etc.

Ovarian cancer is also a possibility, don't let it go unconfirmed.

Please post as to the outcome. Your doctor sounds thorough.

quincy

Old 07-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #6
(female)

Shellipoo HB User

My guess would be endo....I have a history of stage IV endo and all my ultrasounds showed fluid behind the uterus.

Hope you get some answers from the CT scan.....

Old 07-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I saw that you're taking X-strength Tylenol and X-strength Excedrin. Please read the label if you're taking them at the same time. The active ingredient in tylenol is acetomenophen. If I'm not mistaken, excedrin has both aspirin and acetomenophen in it. Too much acetomenophen can cause liver damage. And please let us all know what they find when you have your other tests. Good luck!

Old 07-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #8
(female)

davesgirl88 HB User

Thanks everyone.... I'll definitely post back to let you know what I find out. My sister told me about another woman who had the same symptoms and findings on ultrasound, and it turned out that she had internal bleeding from the sites of endometriosis.

Last night, the pain seemed to be getting a bit worse, and my stomach felt very tight to the touch, almost hard. And now this morning the pain doesn't seem to be as bad, but it's still there, so I'm not sure what's going on.

And thanks for the heads-up on the Tylenol and Excedrin.... I read the labels and they both do contain acetaminophen. I'll be sure to space them out better from now on.

I guess the only thing I can do is wait until I get the CT done on Tuesday. I'll post back and let you guys know. Thanks again.

Last edited by davesgirl88; 07-09-2005 at 12:09 PM.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #9

MaryJet HB User

Hi Again,

Just wondering, everything okay?

Hugs, Mary

Closed Thread