It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
(male)

aaherzing HB User
Leg shaking and Teeth Grinding

I am a 25 year old male in decent shape, and the only known health problem I have is hetero-hemochromatosis. Ever since I can remember I've always shaken my leg or tapped my foot involuntarily whenever I wasn't conciously thinking about it. If I thought about it, I would stop but then my mind would eventually wander off and it would start again. There's no urger to do it, and it isn't in response to any pain or discomfort. It's just something I start doing for no apparent reason. As I say, I've always done this so I'm quite used to it by now. Lately though, I've been catching myself grinding my teeth quite often sometimes in conjunction witht the leg shaking, other times not. In the same fashion, if I think about it, I will stop, but then I catch myself doing it again. As I said, I'm used to the leg shaking, but grinding the teeth isn't healthy and the pressure that eventually can build up from doing it for a lengthy period can give me a slight headache. I am not a stressful person, my job is not stressful in the least. I've been getting exercise and eating fairly well for a college student, and I have no other out of the ordinary symptoms. I don't smoke or do drugs, besides the occasional coffee in the morning and alcohol (not excessive). I've also never thought of myself as the nervous type, I can very easily sit in a chair for hours on end reading or watching television if I really feel like it. What are some possible causes of this type of behavior? Are the leg shaking and teeth grinding related? Could this at all be related to elevated iron levels brought on by the hemochromatosis which I've just discovered I had and am beginning routine flobotomy for. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
(male)

cheeky_chappy HB User
Re: Leg shaking and Teeth Grinding

Sounds exactly like your taking ecstacy, try not taking ecstacy if you are...

Closed Thread