It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #1
(male)

ecotone HB User
Feet pain from standing up at work all day.

Hey,

I was wondering if there was a good way to make the pain in my feet go away during work. I am a cashier so I'm standing up all day and the last few hours of work my feet hurt so bad that it's hard to breathe. Will advil work okay? I haven't tried anything yet. I have work on Saturday so I just want to be prepared.

I just want to also add by the end of the day, the sides of my feet are hard stiff and I can barely walk at home.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 03:59 AM   #2
(female)

wannahelp HB User
Re: Feet pain from standing up at work all day.

Ecotone, welcome to the boards! What type of shoes are you wearing? This is the most important thing. I'm a hairdresser, and I know all about feet pain. I have vericose veins and my left ankle is constantly swollen. I buy my shoes 1/2 size larger, this way my feet have room to swell by the end of day, and my shoes will not be so tight. Your shoes need to have lots of support on the bottom. Therapeutic support hose also help. Drinks lots of water to help with fluid retention, and put your feet up every chance you get. Any type of anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen, may help with the pain. Doctors suggest a good walking shoe, but these tend to make my calfs hurt, so for me it was just a matter of trying different shoes until I found what works for me. Hope these suggestions help you some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
(female)

fifistoosh HB User

soaking your feet in a bowl of warm water after work, you can add oils, bubble bath, salt or leave it to just water. Works wonders for me after a tough day!

Scholl have brought something out called party feet, they are gel insoles, might be expensive but if the pain is real bad you could give them a go.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

A thick rubber mat is used in many grocery stores for cashiers to stand on.
Wear good fitting sport shoes that give excellent arch support with Dr. Scholl's gel orthotics. Soak feet in warm water then before bed "ice" feet using frozen water bottles slipped into socks, ice for 15 minutes. Elevate legs on pillows at night.

Closed Thread