It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #1

0siris HB User
Sore Bump/Lymph Node, lower back upper butt

Hi, I'm not sure where to post this, which specific forum, because it could cover any sort of physical arena. I'll try to be as specific as possible so anyone who is reading this will know exactly what I'm writing about, so I apologize for the length. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have some sort of sore/bump, probably swollen, at the highest point of my butt crack, or the lowest part of my back. I'm a bit overweight, so on a normal person with a smaller posterior, the butt may not even play into it. If I took my finger at the sore, and pull the sore and rotate it around to my front side, the sore would be squarely between my belly button and genitals. This sore is much closer to my waist, if not at my waist period, than it is to the anus.

This sore, or lymph node, or whatever it is, is very painful when I sit down or when I lie on my back. When any sort of pressure is applied, when the upper butt cheeks are pulled apart, it really starts to hurt. It really doesn't hurt when no real pressure is applied--when I'm standing, when I lie on my side, only the residual sting. This bump, it's not tall but it is close to an inch long. It doesn't really itch, it just really really hurts. I can't sit for any extended period, and any attempt to sit is agony. If I force myself to sit, and I can forward and avoid applying pressure on the bump, but as of now I"m standing as I type this. If I take an ibruprofen, the pain lessens a bit for an hour or two, but just barely lessens.

I've been researching on the internet about this, and it looks like it could be a "lumbar node" or "iliac node". I think this, because two weeks ago I had a lymph node on my neck flare up. This bump grew on Saturday, and that same day I had a terrible itching attack on my scalp and just all over, so I figure I may have some sort of infection. It even feels a bit like a flared up lymph node. It seems to be entirely external, or a skin condition, and not anything doing with the digestive track, but who knows. Articles on the net suggest Vitamin C and some herb called Echinacea can help relieve lymph node swelling, so I went to the store and bought those this morning, but so far no relief (although it will probably take more than one day if it's a nodal flare up). I was in tears on the way home the pain was so bad trying to drive. But, I also noticed in some of the articles that those illustration of lumbar nodes tend to be offset of the spine, above either butt cheek, but not smack dab in between the cheeks and at the apex of the cheeks. So I'm not 100% sure.

My mother thinks it's a hemmoroidal issue, or a rectum abscess of some sort, and it very well may be, but there is no rectal pain, no real problems w/ bowel movements (except for the pain at sitting down on the toilet, and the growing anxiety this is starting to cause). So my question is, what is this? Has anyone else had this? Does this condition ring a bell? If anyone's had this, how long did it last? School starts in two weeks and I can't imagine sitting through three hour classes with pain, it's like stabbing the tip of my rumpbone w/ a cattle prod. If I knew what it was and that if it was going to go away soon (like w/in the next two weeks), the pain would be more bearable and I can just adjust. But if it's something serious or it's something that would take months to resolve, I'm in trouble unless there's someone to relieve it. Thanks for reading and thanks for any response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
(female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User
Re: Sore Bump/Lymph Node, lower back upper butt

Hi Osiris,

Welcome to the boards. It sounds like it could be a pilonidal cyst. Both of my neices had this and they were in alot of pain, especially sitting. You need to see a Dr for this, he will usually lance it which will relieve alot of the pressure.

There was a discussion on this a few weeks ago here on healthboards, lots of good information. Do a search here and you can bring up the posts..

Hope this helps...

Closed Thread