It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #1

Wmoon24 HB User
Sudden loss of appetite

Hi, I am a 25 year old female with no known previous health problems besides anxiety and mild depression, which I have been on Paxil 10mg now for 4 years. Last week I all the sudden lost my appetite and haven't been hungry since. It started after I went to the dentist Thursday morning and had a tooth filled. I had novacaine and wasn't comfortable eating until the numbness wore off. After it did I went and worked out for about an hour and a half, then ate dinner, but wasn't all that hungry. Later that night I ended up drinking a little too much alcohol (not the norm for me, im not a big drinker) and woke up feeling awful. No appetite, headache, dizziness, fatigue. It is now Sunday and I still have no appetite whatsoever. I take one look at food and it repulses me. I have no nausea or vomiting, just no appetite at all. These past two days I've had to force myself to eat even small bites of food. This is so unlike me, I love my food..lol. For the past month i have been working out strenuosly (5X a week, about 1 1/2 hours) in an attempt to lose weight, but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it. It's not that I don't need to lose weight, I do, I am currently 180lbs, but there has got to be a reason why I would lose my appetite all the sudden like this. I am late on my period, it was due a week ago, but I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago which was negative.Anyone know what could have possibly caused this? Could it have been the excessive drinking Thursday night/Friday morning? And why would it still be affecting my appetite on Sunday? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

lissaboo HB User
Re: Sudden loss of appetite

i doubt the drinking is stil effecting you it may have day after but not now you may be preggy i lost my appetite when i got preggy and sometimes preggy test are wrong wait a few more days and take another good luck

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE

Old 08-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #3

Wmoon24 HB User

I did take 2 more tests, one with first morning urine, both negative again. My appetite is back slightly, but not near what it used to be. I'm beginning to wonder if strenuous exercise can supress your appetite.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
(female)

Yekcoh4 HB User

That happened to be last month, same exact thing. I had a very vicious verbal (on the verge of physical) encounter with my (at the time) best friend - about 2 days after that I stopped eating altogether and experienced the same symptoms you stated.....it lasted for about 9 days - eating nothing, and I mean if I could get one bite down without spitting it out before it was swallowed..I was lucky. And I usually have a massive appetite. After everything subsided (threatening phone calls, her driving by my house and such) everything went back to normal and i was eating properly again. Could your problem be due to stress?

Closed Thread