It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
(male)

Wmixer HB User
Small pimple-like bump on lip

I'm a teenager and I have a bump on my upper lip wich has been there for a long time (longer than 4 months). It started out looking like a pimple on my upper lip whith a white piont, so I didn't touch it thinking it would go away after a while, but it never did. There is no white tip now, but still seems to have a tip. Another one developed more to the right so I tried to pop it (the new one), and it did. I also tried poping the first one but it ended up feeling like I just pinched my lip, and nothing happend. Sometimes it the area where the bump is gets dry (like when you don't put lotion on your skin), so I just pick off the bits of skin. Other than that I don't have any other symptoms from what I can tell. It's slightly darker than my lip (not very much), and it hasen't spread or grown in size. It's not in my mouth so I don't have to roll back my lip to see it.

Is it from adulesence, can anyone tell me what it is, anything about it, what I can do about it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by Wmixer; 08-28-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WhiteLight HB User
Re: Small pimple-like bump on lip

I wouldn't worry too much about it wmixer. It sounds like an adolscence related thing. It is possible you have a cold sore. These can stick around for weeks or even months. Go to your pharmacist and ask for some cold sore cream and see if that helps. If it doesn't go away and your worried, see your doctor.

Take Care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
(female)

AllysHeart HB User

It's possible it could be sun spots from sun-damaged skin. I had one above my lip, same symptoms. When it came back another time, it made two of them, so I was concerned. I went to the dermatologist, and he froze it. It hurt for while and needed a short time to heal completely, but it went away and did not leave a scar.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

I would go to the dermatologist. Since it has been on your lip for 4 months you want to make sure that it is not skin cancer. Peace of mind is everything.

Closed Thread