It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User
Please Help...Hot, flushed face

I have been having a hot, flushed face....mostly at night for about two months now. I have searched on the internet and even went to my doctor and no one seems to know what's going on. I am 35 years old and thought that maybe I could be beginning menopause, but I don't seem to have any other symptom beside the flushed face. To describe it better, I feel like my face would be in or by an oven and I feel like there is not enough oxygen going to my face. I can also sometimes feel my heartbeat in my face. I don't sweat at all, I just feel flushed.

If anyone has any ideas of what this could be, please, please post something. I am getting very stressed out worrying about this.

Thank you for your time,
Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: Please Help...Hot, flushed face

It could be an allergic reaction to pollen or another type of inhalant. Is anything different blooming in your area, are you using any different products on your skin or have you been around any mold and mildew?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 02:43 AM   #3
(female)

meatball HB User

I have been experiencing the same problem for the past couple of days. I would love to know what is causing this too..

Old 09-03-2005, 04:31 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant
It could be an allergic reaction to pollen or another type of inhalant. Is anything different blooming in your area, are you using any different products on your skin or have you been around any mold and mildew?

Hmmmm, not that I can think of. I use the same exact products I've always used on my skin. It seems to happen while I'm indoors. The same thing also happened while I was at my Mother-in Laws house. I wonder if it has anything to do with my ulcer? I drank a few sips of pinacoloda(sp?) and thats when it started. My heart was beating fast too. But, that doesn't explain the instances at my home. I hadn't drank anything at my home and I don't usually drink anyway. That was the first time in a whole year.

Chantel

Old 09-03-2005, 04:33 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
I have been experiencing the same problem for the past couple of days. I would love to know what is causing this too..
Do you have high blood pressure? I'm asking because someone told me that high blood pressure can cause flushing. I also sometimes feel like my heart is beating in my face. Do you experience that also?

Chantel

Old 09-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #6
(female)

meatball HB User

I don't have high blood pressure, or not that i'm aware of at least.. I do however have acute anxiety and sometimes my face flushes when I get anxious, but I havent been anxious lately. So strange.. I actually put in a call to my doctor to see if any of the meds I am on can cause facial flushing.

Are you taking any new meds? I am at a loss and literally had to stick my face in the freezer the other night!

Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Vitamin B3 (Niacin) can do that. Have you changed vitamin brands or started taking more niacin? Sorry I can't be of more help. That's the only thing I can think of off hand. It happened to me.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:13 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
I don't have high blood pressure, or not that i'm aware of at least.. I do however have acute anxiety and sometimes my face flushes when I get anxious, but I havent been anxious lately. So strange.. I actually put in a call to my doctor to see if any of the meds I am on can cause facial flushing.

Are you taking any new meds? I am at a loss and literally had to stick my face in the freezer the other night!

The only thing I started taking again is a medicine called axid, which is for my stomach ulcer. My face flushes too with anxiety, but what I'm talking about is very different. I feel like my face isn't getting enough air. It's weird. If your doctor figures out something, please let me know.

P.S.- I'm not sure why my paragraph came out like it did above^

Chantel

Last edited by hanelo4; 09-05-2005 at 03:16 AM.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:15 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiepls
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) can do that. Have you changed vitamin brands or started taking more niacin? Sorry I can't be of more help. That's the only thing I can think of off hand. It happened to me.
Now that you mention it, I've heard Niacin does that too. I will have to check the ingredients on my medication. Thanks for the information.

Chantel

Old 09-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #10
(female)

gingerweezie HB User

That exact same thing has been happening to me for years. I still haven't figured it out. I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure but it's under control with medication so that's not it. It seems to happen more in the winter months when everyone has their heat running. It's the weirdest thing. I swear I'm allergic to heat!! Please keep posting, let's figure this out!

Old 09-15-2005, 05:52 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerweezie
That exact same thing has been happening to me for years. I still haven't figured it out. I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure but it's under control with medication so that's not it. It seems to happen more in the winter months when everyone has their heat running. It's the weirdest thing. I swear I'm allergic to heat!! Please keep posting, let's figure this out!
It happened to me again last night. I woke up with a hot face. No sweating or anything, just hot. I'm just curious.....do any of you have stomach problems like Ulcers or acid reflux?

Chantel

Closed Thread