It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

sarah_bear001 HB User
Dull Aching in Right Leg

For the past year or so, occasionally I experience a very painful aching in one of my legs. I think it is always the right one, but I can't remember specifically. It is not fixed to one spot, just my whole thigh above the knee. I noticed that it lasts around 2 or 3 hours, then the pain kind of moves downwards and just stops. It always starts when I am in bed trying to sleep. I don't even notice any swelling, or redness or anything like that, just a very painful ache. I initially though it could be a blood clot, but I assumed that with that, the pain likely wouldn't just go away so quick. I'm not really sure what else it could be, because it's not associated with any other symptoms, yet it does really hurt so I figure it has to be something. Can anyone tell me any ideas they might have, and also, for future reference, what does happen when you have a blood clot in your leg? Does it basically hurt until you have it checked out and diagnosed, or can the pain come and go over a long period of time? I think I 'm getting worried more than ever recently because someone I knew passed away as a result of a blood clot which travels to her lungs. If anyone can help, that would be great
Oh, and also, while it does seem to always happen at night, it feels better if I remain lying down, it hurts more when I get up and walk around, another reason why I thought it could be a blood clot.

Last edited by sarah_bear001; 09-03-2005 at 07:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Dull Aching in Right Leg

I don't know what it could be. My daughter had a blood clot in her arm and her arm was in pain daily until she was diagnosed (a week later) and on blood thinners (for a week and a half). So it took almost two weeks after being diagnosed before her clot dissolved and her pain stopped.

Most people who have a blood clot in their leg, have continuous pain and swelling of the leg.

So I hope this gives you a little peace of mind when you leg starts to hurt at night.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
(female)

Njoylife HB User
Re: Dull Aching in Right Leg

Hi Sarah,
I get a pain in my right leg which starts at the thigh and works itself down to the calf. I get it when I sit too long. It doesn't happen all the time. The first thing my dr did was send me to be check for blood clots. Negative and very, happy, I will say. The dr said it might be a nerve that is being irrated by the way I sit. I have arthritis in the spine which might be hindering it. Hope this helps....

Closed Thread