It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #1

jazzyE HB User
Serrapeptase...anyone use it?

My friend gave me a couple of bottles that he wasn't using...he said it would help with alot of different problems. I've been researching what it's used for and I never realized that there are so many symptoms that one little pill could help with. I'm just curious if anyone takes it and what do you use it for? I know what it's helped me with, but I just wanna see what everyone else's experience is.

Old 09-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Re: Serrapeptase...anyone use it?

I don't remember hearing about it before. What symptoms has it helped you with?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #3

jazzyE HB User

Well, I started taking it while I was sick with the flu...within 30 minutes my headache was gone as was every ache in my body along with the irritation in my throat and my swollen glands...I've had problems with my digestive system and pains during BMs and no doctor has ever figured out exactly what the problem is or why I always have pains...since I've started taking the serrapeptase, I've had absolutely no pain or discomfort in the bathroom...I've also had a pinched nerve in my shoulder blade area for the last 11 years and my back is always tense to the point of being painful...again, no more of any of that since taking it. My man had some major dental work done and none of the painkillers he had were working, but the serrapeptase worked almost instantly. He also has really bad arthritis in his knees and hands and it's helped with that as well.
This stuff is supposed to help out the blood flow and clear up clots and heal scar tissue among a ton of other things...I don't know exactly how or why, but it's been so helpful for so many things, we've just ordered a few more bottles of it. It is a natural enzyme so it's safe to take everyday and the kind I have is even safe for children and animals. I don't know why more people don't know about this.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
(male)

avivadotca HB User

I think a lot more people are now learning about this product. From a retailer's perspective, we market a large number of items, but serrapeptase has been and continues to be our most popular product by far, and we very often see repeat buyers who have been pleased with their results.

Last edited by avivadotca; 09-22-2005 at 09:58 AM.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:16 AM   #5

austin4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyE
Well, I started taking it while I was sick with the flu...within 30 minutes my headache was gone as was every ache in my body along with the irritation in my throat and my swollen glands...I've had problems with my digestive system and pains during BMs and no doctor has ever figured out exactly what the problem is or why I always have pains...since I've started taking the serrapeptase, I've had absolutely no pain or discomfort in the bathroom...I've also had a pinched nerve in my shoulder blade area for the last 11 years and my back is always tense to the point of being painful...again, no more of any of that since taking it. My man had some major dental work done and none of the painkillers he had were working, but the serrapeptase worked almost instantly. He also has really bad arthritis in his knees and hands and it's helped with that as well.
This stuff is supposed to help out the blood flow and clear up clots and heal scar tissue among a ton of other things...I don't know exactly how or why, but it's been so helpful for so many things, we've just ordered a few more bottles of it. It is a natural enzyme so it's safe to take everyday and the kind I have is even safe for children and animals. I don't know why more people don't know about this.
Thanks for the encouraging post!! After reading about it on this board I ordered some for my husband who has COPD in hopes that it will help with inflammation. Sounds like it is useful for way more than that. I just got it so now I'm really excited after reading your post !!

Old 09-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Austin4---Please post with the results, I want to order some too. I have a bulging disc in my neck and nothing seems to help except DMSO. My husband started using the DMSO too on his knees because hes a jogger and he says theres no doubt about it that it helps his knees a ton, he loves it. We have been using it for about 3 weeks. I got it at a health food store, it's a liquid that you roll on , and lady says she'll sell it as long as she can, but the FDA wants to try and stop the sell of it. I'm going to stock up. I think i'm going to order the Serrapeptase too, but I dont know what brand is best.
---Moon

Old 09-23-2005, 09:10 PM   #7

jazzyE HB User

I've got the SerraZyme MegaCapsPlus...I've ordered it thorugh my DR, but I've seen it online too for about the same amount of $

Old 09-23-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

I did see that kind somewhere, I know I can find it again. I think it was around 75$ for three bottles. I cant believe your Dr. even ordered it for you????Wow! They usually bash natural non-prescription stuff. How many do you take a day, 2 at night?
--Moon

Old 09-24-2005, 08:15 AM   #9

jazzyE HB User

I have a naturopathic physician who is also a regular medical doctor...he tries to go all natural whenever he can. On a daily basis just for maintenance, I take 1 in the morning and 1 at night...when I was sick with the flu I was taking 2-5x a day...for other symptoms I take about 2-3x a day...you shouldn't take too many, but you can't take too much in a day...you just have to find the right amount for you

Old 01-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #10
(female)

art55 HB User
Re: Serrapeptase...anyone use it?, stomach pains, acid refux side-effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyE View Post
I have a naturopathic physician who is also a regular medical doctor...he tries to go all natural whenever he can. On a daily basis just for maintenance, I take 1 in the morning and 1 at night...when I was sick with the flu I was taking 2-5x a day...for other symptoms I take about 2-3x a day...you shouldn't take too many, but you can't take too much in a day...you just have to find the right amount for you
Art55
I tried serrapeptase for 5 days, 60,000 units, enteric coated, on an empty stomach, half hour before food minimum, and then I got strange pains in my stomach the next two days, and then that night horrible acid reflux in y throat so I've stopped taking serrapeptase? Anyone else have side-effects?
Could it be that it was because I was also taking Strontium Ranelate for osteopenia in the evening?
I have stopped both for the time being. But serra[peptase has had such glowing reports I wish I could take it.
Any advice?

Old 06-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
(female)

kellibear HB User

most all the info i have read recommends only 20,000u/day to start--try cutting your dose--60,000u is pretty high!

Old 06-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
(female)

art55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibear View Post
most all the info i have read recommends only 20,000u/day to start--try cutting your dose--60,000u is pretty high!
Actually although I still sometimes get a stomach reaction to serrapeptase mostly I don't.
I now take 80,000 units twice a day on an empty stomach and have done for 2 months.
My neck pain has started to ease but not my knee pain.
Does Serrapeptase actually work?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

i would really be interested in this. I did a search and tried to contact them. I can't take any type of nsaid.. upsets my stomach or flares my hiatal hernia for a few days (after one dose). I've tried white willow bark, zyflammend, but the only thing that doesn't hurt my gut is tylenol based meds

Old 06-22-2008, 02:35 AM   #14
(female)

art55 HB User

I also contacted them and did get an email saying they were going to consult to find out why I got stomach reaction, but then they never got back to me again. I think it may be that the stomach has to be quite empty before taking, and although at least two hours after food, and at least half an hour before food should do it sometimes it isn't enough because of digestion variation.
I am continuing with it but it certainly doesn't act quickly. After two months of continually taking serrapeptase it may be easing my neck pain and may be it takes at least 3 months or more to ease the knee and hip. I'd like to know if anyone knows if it really works.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:59 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

I got a response back but it was so generic, just said it would be ok on my stomach, redirected me to their website and gave these directions

SerraEzyme 80,000IU take 2 x 2 30mins before meals or on waking and at bedtime.

Question though....it says that their capsules are enteric coated? is it a caplet? or the ingredients in the capsule are enteric coated? I tried vioxx when it was out and it didn't hurt my stomach...just had lower GI upset

Closed Thread