It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
how do you convince a doctor you really are ill?

I want to take some time off from work and i can go on disability benefits while i am off. I suffer from anxiety and depression and things are not well with me right now. My usual doc retired, but i dont know how to ask for a doctors note to rec. me staying off of work for a while(about 2 months) without a doctor thinking i am just doing it for time off or because i just dont feel like working. and what if he refuses?

Old 09-15-2005, 03:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Re: how do you convince a doctor you really are ill?

are you self-diagnosing yourself with depression and anxiety? or have you seen a doctor that has actually said "so n so you have depression and anxiety" and actually have had med's given to you for this?

If your answer is no then I dont think a doctor is just going to sign you a note and send you on your way to a couple months no work. I'd sugguest if you havent been offically diagnosed by a professional then you better visit a doctor that can prove you do have what you think you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

oh no i have been diagnosed and it is very much on my chart the years i have had this problem. i am on a med and have been for over a yr which the doc told me to up last night and also gave me some sleeping pills to help me. ive suffered from these things for about 15 yrs now and it is well documented.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Then it really should not be a problem for you as he will see all of the documentation of your conditions in your file.Just have a very frank discussion with him about how out of control things seem right now and you just cannot handle it all while working and really need some time to try and work through all of this in order to get you back on track.Just be totally and completely honest with him as to how all of this is affecting your life and you are very afraid of how bad things will get in the very near future for you if you cannot 'get away" from your current situation.Just tell him that you really need his help right now in order to get your life back.hopefully he will really see just how bad things are for you and agree.Please let me know how this goes for you.I too suffer with reoccuring severe depression and can totally relate to what you are feeling and needing right now.Hang in there,things will get better at some point.You just have to work through all the bumps in the road.FB

Closed Thread