It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
(male)

skyguy HB User
Food Poisoning?

Wondering if I'm sick from something i ate.

Symptoms:
-Diarrhea, just twice, but really watery
-Headache, but mild compared to the worst headaches I've had
-Stomach feels wierd, like a sharp pain, but not really sharp, or exremely painful
-Overall weird feeling to my body. It's like everything hurts, but not that bad, and every part of my body feels kind of cold.

So, symptoms are horrible, but it was definitely very hard to get anything done at work today.

I ate some eggs yesterday. It is possible they were not completely cooked. THat's the only thing I can think of that I ate in the past few days that could cause a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Food Poisoning?

Sounds like a virus flu thing going on to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
(male)

skyguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy
Wondering if I'm sick from something i ate.

Symptoms:
-Diarrhea, just twice, but really watery
-Headache, but mild compared to the worst headaches I've had
-Stomach feels wierd, like a sharp pain, but not really sharp, or exremely painful
-Overall weird feeling to my body. It's like everything hurts, but not that bad, and every part of my body feels kind of cold.

So, symptoms are horrible, but it was definitely very hard to get anything done at work today.

I ate some eggs yesterday. It is possible they were not completely cooked. THat's the only thing I can think of that I ate in the past few days that could cause a problem.
I meant symptoms ARE NOT horrible.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User

Hi,
Sometimes when we get sick we always try to blame it on what we ate, I've done that but I really think you have the flu. I had gotten salmonella food poisoning once, I had bloody diarrhea and was vomiting, I was so sick, just stand was an accomplishment, My blood pressure was very low and I was so weak, it's one of those thing's you never forget, I was put on medication for it and had to go to the Doctor every other day.
Karen

Old 09-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
(male)

skyguy HB User

Maybe it's the flu. I just would think it is not because I have never had the flu, and if I haven't gotten it for 23 years, it doesn't seem likely that I would ever get it. THough, have been more stressed out in recent weeks than ever before.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
(female)

Darby01 HB User

Sounds like the flu to me. Food poisening will make you very sick - vomiting, diarrhea etc. And it can happen right after eating or 2-3 hours after. You'll know if you have food poisening.
I've had fp twice in my life and I thought I was going to die! I had to go to the emergency room once because I couldn't stop vomiting.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

I had food poisining once and i thought i was 'dying', you feel really ill with it. Maybe get you doc to do a check on your stools, if the diarrhea continues, although your symptoms sound 'flu' like.
Also i suffer with anxiety, which can play havoc with the digestive system and cause general aches and pains.
If your not feeling any better, go see your doc.

Closed Thread