It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
(male)

Lazer-LXXVII HB User
Nearly passed out after a hot bath.

I had bronchitis on Sunday (i still do actually), and my parents recommended i take a bath with this herb stuff in there that supposedly helps you breathe easier. So the water was INCREDIBLY hot when i got in, but eventually i somewhat adapted to it.

When i came out of the tub, i started to feel really faint, then i light very lightheaded, i couldnt see colors, and i tried to run to the living room so i hit the couch before i pass out. I found it really hard to breathe and i was still lightheaded for a good 10 minutes, afterwards my legs were REALLY numb and i couldnt walk that well. It was all gone after 30 minutes.

Can anyone explain this to me? Sorry i couldnt find the right board for this too.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: Nearly passed out after a hot bath.

the heat can change your blood pressure and that can make you dizzy. Sounds like the bath you took was too hot and it was a shock to your system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WhiteLight HB User

I agree with Twizliz. The heat of the bath can change your blood pressure and make you very sweaty, hot and feel faint. But because you used some herb stuff in the bath which I'm guessing you haven't used before, it may of been this that has caused the above symptoms.

Try not to use the herb stuff and see if it happens again. If it does happen when the herbs aren't in the bath water, then its probably what Twizliz said.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
(female)

Miss L HB User

Hi this has happenrd to me a few times im usally fine when i get out the bath but then become faint last time i did it my mum was visiting and i said i didnt feel well she said your bath was probably to hot and the colour just drained from me i slept for around an hour after and then was fine

Miss L

Old 10-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #5
(female)

eklektika HB User

I get this all the time! I get heat stroke very easily though so any temperatures to hot and i faint....just try to avoid extreme temperatures like that and you'll be fine....it's hard for me because I love hot showers. Another thing that I learnt is if I slept very warm and get into the shower right away my likelihood of fainting is higher, so now i tend to get up have a glass of water and cool down for a minute before i shower.

Closed Thread