It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2005, 06:28 PM   #1

stc_camp HB User
slight chest discomfort

hey everyone.

i'm a 20 year old male with no real health problems that i know about. i'm somewhat of a hypochondriac and kinda freak out whenever i get a headache and whatnot. whenever i go in to get something checked out it's always nothing. i haven't been very active for a long time. probably about 8 months. my town is boring so i end up sitting around a lot. anyway, i decided i would start running again. for four days i ran about 2 miles a day around the city just b/c i was feeling kinda tired and needed some energy.

so the day afterward i noticed a very slight discomfort in my chest. it comes and goes. i'd say i experienced a discomfort once every 20 minutes. it lasts for about 5-10 seconds. i'd rate it a 2 out of 10 on a pain scale. it feels more like something is in there taking up room. happens more often when i reach for something or put my arms over my head or lean forward. it seems to be located towards the middle of the left side of my chest. it doesn't hurt any more when i breathe deeply or when my heart starts to beat faster from slight exercise (i went walking around for an hour yesterday b/c i didn't want to push myself too hard).

i have no idea where it's coming from. it seems to be located where the heart is, but i dont think that's actually where it's coming from.

i'm thinking i may have strained a lung or something or i have really mild pluerisy.

it's giving me more worry than anything. i almost want to get a chest xray, but i dont know how good that is for me and how much money i want to put into this since i dont ahve insurance. =\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #2

stc_camp HB User
Re: slight chest discomfort

yesterday was pretty much fine. i only felt it a few times when i sat weird in my chair or something. today it came back a little more.

my lungs feel kinda like when you're in a really cold place and try to breathe. kinda dry and a very slight urge to clear my lungs.

the discomfort seems to be located more towards the heart area but i get them sometimes all the way over on the bottom left side of my ribcage and sometimes on the right side. that's why i'm thinking it's my lungs

i think i'll go to a clinic and have them listen to me breathe and listen to my heart

Last edited by stc_camp; 10-29-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

admired1 HB User
Re: slight chest discomfort

Good idea, stc your best bet is to let someone check it out for you. I hope you feel better soon and keep us posted about your condition.

Closed Thread