It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

Penster HB User
Bruising on palm of hand?

Hi,

I've never had a bruise on the palm of my hand before so slightly concerned. Its starts in the middle of my palm, and goes straight down and stops just before my wrist. The bruise is about 1cm wide and a brown/purplish bruise colour. I first noticed it a few hours ago, and I think its getting bigger. It is a little painful when pressed.

I haven't hurt my hand at all but I generally do bruise quite easily. The typical thing also, is that I moved a few weeks ago and as yet haven't registered with a doctor.

Has anyone had bruises on their palms before? Or does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks

Old 10-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: Bruising on palm of hand?

does it hurt a lot?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I haven't had bruising on my palm but on the inside of my middle finger on my right hand. I used to just barely push it against something and it would bruise and hurt quite a bit. Like a blood vessel was breaking. The whole inside of my finger around my knuckle on the inside would fill up with blood. I would get it from just lifting a pack of pop or other things that really should not cause that kind of bruising. I never really figured out what was going on but I do know that certain vitamin deficiencies can cause you to bruise easily. I started taking Esther C and a B-complex vitamin and I have not had that problem in a couple years now. I started the Esther C which is just a form of vitamin C because I read that Vitamin C strengthens blood vessel walls. I also used to get a blood blister in my mouth every few weeks for just no reason. That has also gone away since taking C and B-complex every day. Just my experience. I am not sure if that is what you need but it worked for me.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:05 AM   #4
(female)

Penster HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizliz
does it hurt a lot?
I'd say the bruise is around 6cm long, and if I press it about 1cm from where it starts (at the centre of my palm) then it hurts (but not loads) but the rest of it doesn't.

It hasn't grown at all overnight, and the colour is still the same.

Closed Thread