It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

gapeachfuzz86 HB User
Question Blood and mass in urine

(Sorry if you see this more than once, but I don't know where to put it, really.)

For the past few days I've been having a very strange sensation when I urinate. I'll just be doing my thing and then I get this slightly uncomfortable tingling sensation and then I stop urinating before I feel like I'm done. I also noticed --when it first started- that my urine looked almost as if it had a small amount of blood in it, but --at the time- I thought I was just spotting because I'd started my birth control pills a few days later than usual. This morning, however, when I went to the restroom, I pushed really hard when the tingling started. I was very uncomfortable for a moment and a little more urine came out. When I got up, I noticed a small mass in the bottom of the toilet. It was fleshy looking (and kind of a white-ish color) with what looked like blood on it. I did the same thing about ten minutes later, only this mass was a little smaller. About three hours later I went to the restroom again and experienced a much more uncomfortable sensation. I started pushing as soon as I felt it start, before the flow could "cut off". When I stopped, I no longer felt like I still had to urinate (for the first time all day!). I looked in the toilet and didn't see a mass (which may have been due to the fact that there was already toilet paper in the toilet), but there was a fair amount of bright red blood (like the first day of your period). I'm really concerned about this, even though I feel better now. Any thoughts? Could this have anything to do with my diabetes or my birth control?

NOTE: I am a Type I Diabetic and take Humalog insulin. I also take Ogestrel, a birth control pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Re: Blood and mass in urine

Hiya there

I have no idea what this could be hun. It could be any number of things from a severe UTI to hormonal related or even pregnancy. The white mass you described sounded like a miscarriage at first and it would also explain the bleeding, but if you are positive you wasn't pregnant then this can be ruled out.

Unfortunately I have no idea what this is. The only way the doctors can tell is by giving you a examination and you need this exam asap. To make sure everything is ok with you. Birth control pills wouldn't of caused the mass you described. Its possible it could be uterine tissue but Im really not sure.

You do need to see your doctor next week about this. Hopefully see your doctor tomorrow if possible. If you lose anymore tissue then put it in a little container or jar and take it to the doctors with you so some tests can be run on it to find out what it is.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

Have you been having any back pain? Was it hard, maybe a kidney stone/s being passed?

Old 11-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
(female)

gapeachfuzz86 HB User

I don't think it was a miscarriage for 2 reasons:
1) I'm almost 100% sure it came from my urethra
2) I passed 3 masses

I have always had back pain (for the past couple of years) but I don't think it's been worse than usual. As for the solidity of the mass, when I went to pick up the last one (that's right, there was more about 3 hours after the bleeding-- no blood this time, though), it fell apart the minute I touched it. I scooped up the bigest piece of it still intact and will be taking it to student health services tomorrow.

Thank you all for your help-- I really appreciate it!

Last edited by gapeachfuzz86; 11-27-2005 at 05:15 PM.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

definitely see your doc about this as soon as you can.It does appear that you have some sort of a 'problem' with either your bladder or kidneys.it sounds like fromwhat you have describes that you are indeed passing some sort of 'tissue' this really does need some prompt attention and Dx.i have kidney disease and cannot even think of a reason for what you have described,it really sounds quite bizarre to say the least.i hope it is nothing really serious but you DO need to be seen and given some testing and a possible ultrasound at the very least,just to start.Good luck and PLEASE keep us posted as to what you actually find out.I really am rather curious myself as to just what could possibly be causing this,jut plain weird.take care,FB

Old 11-29-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
(female)

gapeachfuzz86 HB User

OK, so it turns out that the white "masses" were little balls of pus and that all my symptoms were the result of a UTI. Go figure, huh? I've never had one before so I didn't know what all of it was, but now I know. Thanks for all of your help!

Old 11-30-2005, 06:33 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Thanks for letting us know just what the heck was causing all that,really.I never knew that those were the actual symptoms of a UTI.learn something new every day.hope you feel better soon and i am very happy it was nothing really serious.If this ever should happen to me at least i will have some idea of what it actually is,thanksFB

Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Thanks for letting us know what was wrong. I had no idea a UTI passed tissue that was balls of puss. You definitely learn something new everyday on here. I hope your better soon hun and take care of yourself.

Closed Thread