It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 05:12 AM   #1
(female)

smurfette1945 HB User
Red spots with white rings

I wasn't really sure hwre else to post this, so I thought this might work.

2 weeks ago, I was playing a board game with my mother in law and my ring fingewr on my left hand started to itch and burn. I looked at it, and there was a red spot. I stretched my hand wide open and found that there was a white ring around this red spot. It was a perfect circle. There was no puncture hole. Just this red spot outlined by a white ring. I washed my hands, put cream on it and then ignored it. I woke up the next day and it was barely a red spot. The white ring was gone, and by later that afternoon, the red spot was gone. I thought nothing more of it.

Last night, we were out for dinner and my left hand below my middle finger started to itch and burn. I looked, and there was a red spot with a perfect white ring around it. I got in the car and started at it hoping it would tell me what it was...but no.

Now, I wake up this morning, the white ring is gone, and the red spot is barely there.

What is it? Has anyone had anything like this? I'm a little worried, but not panicked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to smurfette1945 For This Useful Post:
leatherraider59 (11-19-2010)
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: Red spots with white rings

Could it be hives of some sort? That does sound really strange... especially because they keep goign away almost as quickly as they come on. That is why I was thinking hives... But it's strange that it is just one at a time. I thought most people got several spots. Have you noticed if you were eating or drinking the same thing when this happened?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

smurfette1945 HB User

completely different activities, food, drinks. the only thing the two occurances have in common is my mother-in-laws house. but i've been going there for alomost 10 years and this has never happened before. i didn't touch anything different. and she has nothing in her house that i havn't come in contact with before.

thank you for your reply

Old 12-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User

i was wondering if you had been playing with any animals...could be ringworm...has it gotten any bigger...is it a complete circle...a lot of times animals carry ringworm and you don't even know it...then you touch them and you contract it. I got it before from my fathers cat.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:45 AM   #5
(female)

smurfette1945 HB User

my mother in law has a dog and i have a kitten. they've both made recent vet trips and are perfectly healthy.
the spots never got bigger, and they went away less then 12 hours after they appeared. the white rings were complete circles around the red spots.
i'll have to look into ringworm. what other symptoms did you have? how do i get rid of it if that's whats causing this?

thank you for your reply.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 AM   #6
(female)

smurfette1945 HB User

ok, so i just looked up some stuff on ring worm and what the spots are like. mine are only itchy for around 1 minutes, and then it stops. the spots also aren't dry, scaly, or anything else for that matter.
the only thing i have noticed now that i think of it, there seems to be a bump while the white ring is still visable. the bump clears, again, within 12 hours of the spot appearing.

ring worm doesn't sound to be the culprit..thank heavens. i'd hate to think my kitten was suffering all this time. and the whole apartment is kept very clean since she came along. i'm so afraid she'll get sick that i'm cleaning everyday.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Ring worm would not go away in 12 hours. It lasts like a normal scab does... so I don't think it is ring worm either. I am still thinking some sort of hives. Just because it goes away so quickly.... You may want to get your kitten checked out anyway though... There may be some other parasite or mite that she has that could be getting on you and causing you this problem. Has she been completely vetted yet? (checked for all parasites, fleas, stool, etc... and then vaccinated)

Old 12-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
(female)

lilbear1978 HB User

I just had a very itchy ring on my arm that was red with white...I went to the dr. He said it was ringworm and told me to get an antifungle cream. Then it went away. Never had it again.

Closed Thread