It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

jhamilton401 HB User
Very Painful Lumps on Back

I am very worried for my husband.
For about 5 years now he has had these very painful lumps on his left lower back.
He said they burn like fire and are very painful to the touch just grazing your finger over them.
He has been to two different doctors but neither seemed to want to do anything about it. He went in for other problems at the time and they said lets concentrate on other things first (ie...blood pressure, anxiety issues) then we'll have to check those out later.
Well later has never come along. I have convinced him to go to my doctor on Jan 6 to have him take a look.
It started out as one small lump and one has grown right on top of that one and then if I run my finger right below that there is a small line of two or three pea sized ones in a row. The bigger of the two are probably between the size or a large marble or something that size to best describe.

Is this cancer? I am very scared for him, we don't have insurance so its going to be a very costly doctors visit on Jan 6
I've heard myths that cancer isn't painful and if its moveable and painful its most likely not cancer. Is this true?
The lumps seem to move around if I push around on them but it is so painful I don't want to hurt him.
I've been told by family members it could be a benign tumor, fatty deposits or cysts too.
Please any advice or feedback is very very greatly appreciated.
We both thank you.
God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

jhamilton401 HB User
Re: Very Painful Lumps on Back

Over the past week my husband says these lumps have become more painful and hurt all the time now.
Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

storm12 HB User

I am not a medical professional, so don't necessarily take my word for it - but perhaps it is something with swollen glands, or perhaps shingles? Except shingles might proceed faster than lasting several years. Just some thoughts.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Shingles would eventually present with a rash. Are these bumps stictly UNDER the skin? If so then I would not think it was shingles. It could be a gland problem which can be a sign of many different things. He needs to go and see a doctor. Especially if this problem has been going on for awhile.

Closed Thread